Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#36036 12/02/07 03:31 AM
alec Offline OP
OP Offline
i just can't get enough of the budd/foxx release! i'm hoping there's more. especially, at the moment, "weather patterns," "coming into focus," "avenue of trees" and "underwater flowers." refreshing music. the whole look makes me think of samadhi sound.

It is a stunningly beautiful and moving collection of pieces.

Although I wasn't instantly drawn into it, it took a while to grow on me. Words can't describe the beauty and emotion in the music. It's a truly unique album.

It woud be nice if John worked on some more tracks with Harold Budd, but then again John could do a complete piano work solo. Somewhere between hes work with Harold, and the C.O. prodject.

I'm not sure I would want another album like this - I think as a 'one off' (okay, two-off!) it really stands out as something special.

But perhaps some kind of piano album from John - whether it be acoustic or electronic, would be very interesting. Actually I think something in a similar style to the "Quiet Man 3/4" tracks could work remarkably well.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
perhaps some kind of piano album from John - whether it be acoustic or electronic
An electric piano album would be nice, but i was thinking more on the lines of an accoustic one. My favourite pianist is Satie, so something in that mode from my favourite modern day artist im sure would be amazing!!

alec Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
I'm not sure I would want another album like this - I think as a 'one off' (okay, two-off!) it really stands out as something special.
yes, i suppose you're right. i'm just irrational for foxx product!! smile and budd product, for that matter. infinite in all directions.

I am proud to have this in my cd collection, i find this breathtaking i hope there is more.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Rochford:
I am proud to have this in my cd collection, i find this breathtaking i hope there is more.
Hi Tom,

There's a Foxx collaboration with Robin Guthrie to emerge at some point, and at the Cargo gig last year, we heard an album by Foxx and Steve Jansen - which, for a reference point - reminded me of the 'Plight & Premonition' album by Jansen's brother - David Sylvian and Holger Czukay.

cool i shall look out for it, any idea when it may be released?

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Rochford:
cool i shall look out for it, any idea when it may be released?
There's no specific release date at the moment - but as usual I'll post full details just as soon as they've been confirmed...

Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.