Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36023 04/26/07 11:31 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm no 'fan' of mr Budd (although I also admit to never having heard any of his musci as far as I know..) but for those interested I notice he is mentioned in B Nelson's latest 'diary' entry : http://www.billnelson.com/html/villa/study.php , as having spent Easter weekend together (towards the end of piece)

Do neither chaps ever meet up with our John these days?

#36024 04/26/07 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
I'm no 'fan' of mr Budd (although I also admit to never having heard any of his musci as far as I know..) but for those interested I notice he is mentioned in B Nelson's latest 'diary' entry : http://www.billnelson.com/html/villa/study.php , as having spent Easter weekend together (towards the end of piece)

Do neither chaps ever meet up with our John these days?
Cheers D,

Sadly, there's not been anything heard of the Robin Guthrie, Theo Travis, Steve Jansen, Bill Nelson and Harold Budd project in quite some time, nearly 2 years in fact! The last mention was posted by Rob on this very site back in Oct '05 frown ;

http://www.metamatic.com/zNewsdocs/news200505.html

Gazza

#36025 04/26/07 12:31 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok : as i said I'm no fan of Budd...anything anyone would care to suggest to a 'beginner'?

I'm also only a passing B Nelson fan (Chimera period, plus some work with D Sylvian), but I do enjoy his diary entries and very teasteful website.

#36026 04/26/07 12:55 PM
Quote:
Ok : as i said I'm no fan of Budd...anything anyone would care to suggest to a 'beginner'?
There's plenty to recommend (far too many) but a good place to start would be either albums with Brian Eno 'Ambient 2: Plateaux of Mirror' or 'The Pearl'.

His latest album 'Perhaps' is available as a download only at Samadhi Sound and I think there's a sample or two on the website and at their MySpace page.

Gazza

#36027 04/26/07 01:36 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok thanks Gazza.

#36028 04/26/07 03:11 PM
H
H
Quote:
tbh, it's all fairly accessible. HB doesn't do 'difficult.' The aforementioned Eno releases are good, as is 'Avalon Sutra'.

#36029 04/26/07 03:46 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks again!

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.