Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 753 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 752 753
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Nick Cave Abbatoir Blues

My 'album of the year' 2004.
All Hidden Away is headf*cking genius
I prefer The Lyre Of Orpheus. It is a brilliant album. I want it to be played at the wake after my funeral.....

I'm still on Bowie.

Over the weekend I watched the "Berlin Years Under Review" DVD (or what ever it's called), which was quite interesting.

It's a shame there wasn't more actual footage of David talking or performing etc, but the three 'nobodys' who were reviewing the whole thing had some iteresting things to say – although I have to say I was expecting more of a documentary style film charting the making of the three albums, rather than the pieced-together version that makes up the DVD.

But, I thought it was a good production overall, fopcussing on three of Bowie's most unusual and innovative albums.

Sparks - Big beat

Ah yes Big Beat. Haven't heard this for aeons. arguably their best album is "Propaganda" 1974. Any views on this???

Kimono my house and propaganda are great albums, as is indiscreet. Will have to give big beat some more intenses listens and from what ive heard it seems like a lost classic. Love no 1 in heaven but found terminal jive to be the worst thing ive ever heard from them. Loved all the stuff theyve done in recent years including sax and violins, lil beethoven, and hello young lovers. In between that i enjoyed their last electro album balls. I think sparks have been discussed many times on the forum and lots of people here seem to be fans as well.

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Carlos Alomar's produced Doble Vida by top S. American band Soda Stereo.

Chris C wink

The Archive
The Archive
This morning - it's White Out by Johannes Schmoelling...

Yesterday - at various points - I listened to Blade Runner - The Esper Edition Soundtrack (Vangelis), Us (Peter Gabriel), Aion (Dead Can Dance), Tell Your Mum I Saved Your Life (Louis Gordon), Mojave Plan and Thermal Inversion (Tangerine Dream) and far too much Ultravox... wink

Rob

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
This morning - it's [b]White Out by Johannes Schmoelling...

Yesterday - at various points - I listened to Blade Runner - The Esper Edition Soundtrack (Vangelis), Us (Peter Gabriel), Aion (Dead Can Dance), Tell Your Mum I Saved Your Life (Louis Gordon), Mojave Plan and Thermal Inversion (Tangerine Dream) and far too much Ultravox... wink

Rob [/b]
Rob what is the Esper Edition Soundtrack?I've never heard of that.Whats the difference from the normal Vangelis CD?

Brian

"David Live" at the Tower, Philadelphia (Thanks Peter!)

The Hidden Man,Running in traffic

Thanks to Sister Ray smile

Page 9 of 753 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.