Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 753 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 752 753
M
M
I've been listening to:

CAN - FUTURE DAYS
JOHN & LOUIS - SIDEWAYS
APPARATUS AND HAND - AUDIO COMA(Cortex Department Room 23)

C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I had yesterday a David Byrne trip eek and was listening to some Brazilian carnival music, A Lenda by Bahia's Asa De Aguia. I followed that up with Cerati/Melero's Colores Santos, a techno album with a fantastic synth pop track Vuelta Por El Universo.

Moved on to Alphaville's Forever Pop, a remix album of their hits. Quite a good one. Surprisingly enough the best mix was not by an outsider but by Bernard Lloyd, Lassie Come Home.

Finally, to celebrate Bowie's 60th I listened to Fehler Im System by Peter Schillling, from the School of Bowie of course, paying homage to Major Tom.

Chris C wink

The Archive
The Archive
Today, it's David Byrne's album Music For the Knee Plays... wink

Rob

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
Today, it's [b]David Byrne's album Music For the Knee Plays... wink

Rob [/b]
I've never heard of that... what is it?

Recently I have been playing the new version of The Name of this Band is Talking Heads as a friend got it me for Christmas.

I also played Stop Making Sense recently too. I haven't heard any of Byrne's solo stuff since Look Into the Eyeball, which I was disappointed with.

Personally I absolutely love his self-titled album from 1994, and the follow up, Feelings.

And, to continue the "David" theme, this morning I listened to various tracks by David Bowie.

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
[b] Today, it's [b]David Byrne's album Music For the Knee Plays... wink

Rob [/b]
I've never heard of that... what is it?[/b]
David's solo album from 1985 - absolutely magnificent... wink

Different again from Look Into the Eyeball which (aside from Knee Plays) is probably my favourite of his solo albums...

Rob

Is it a vocal album? I've never heard of it... I really got into collecting his work a few years back and I thought I'd got all of it! Just goes to show you can never be too sure ;-)

Is it still available?

Coincidentally, I just found this online:

http://www.carnegiehall.org/article/box_office/series/brochure/ser_443.html

Thursday, February 1, 2007 at 9:00 PM
David Byrne: Songs from The Knee Plays
Zankel Hall

David Byrne opens his Perspectives with the first performance in 15 years of the complete music from The Knee Plays, his 1985 music-theater collaboration with Robert Wilson.

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Is it a vocal album? I've never heard of it... I really got into collecting his work a few years back and I thought I'd got all of it! Just goes to show you can never be too sure ;-)

Is it still available?
I have this on lp only. I can't remember whether it has vocals(I haven't got a turntable anymore), but I do remember that it has a lot of brass playing on it.

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
I can't remember whether it has vocals(I haven't got a turntable anymore), but I do remember that it has a lot of brass playing on it.
The vocals are spoken rather than sung, which coupled with the brass, gives this album a very distinctive feel. It's totally different to anything else of his, but it's instantly recognisable as being by David Byrne. wink

Rob

Today, I've come to work armed with Speaking in Tongues, Remain in Light and Fear of Music.

Page 6 of 753 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.