Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35646 01/09/07 09:55 PM
C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Recently managed to get copies of both their albums, Somewhere Off The Radar and Where Have We Been All Your Lives?. They are both quite amusing albums with such wacky lyrics. Their vocalist does bring a lot of fun to the music and they do create a buzzing sound. They are psychedelic in their own unique way.

The first has a kaleidescope of synthetics, courtesy of Louie, with glam guitars. Glam is Mardi Gras and synthetic is the brilliant Electric Oxygen Of Venus. Hilarious are Pizza Delivery Boy and Nymphomaniac.

The second is more guitar driven, with All Our Lives as their best track. Reminds me of John´s Ultravox but cheekier. Satellite is another excellent track.

Seeing them live would be a wild psychedelic party!
laugh

Chris C wink

#35647 01/10/07 03:59 PM
Yes, I would be interested into a Louis Gordon live gig too!

Rob - do you know if Louis have any plans for this?
I could imagine it would be a nice evening... wink

#35648 01/10/07 08:01 PM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
Rob - do you know if Louis have any plans for this?
I could imagine it would be a nice evening... wink
I spoke to Louis a few hours ago - and he mentioned that Circus Girls are set to play the Buttermarket in Shrewsbury on the 10th of March - but I need to confirm these details before I post anything... DOH! eek wink

Rob

#35649 01/10/07 08:21 PM
Thanks Rob. wink

I think Louis is ready for a solo gig too. I love his Closed Gone Fishing a lot - would be nice stuff for a concert. - with seeing Louis bouncing to Shady Grady... laugh :rolleyes:

#35650 01/10/07 08:50 PM
C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
We could also get Louie on the Forum!

Chris C cool

#35651 01/11/07 11:13 AM
I noticed Louis played a gig (maybe with the Circus Girls?) at a venue in Derbyshire just before Christmas.

Since where I live is classed as Derbyshire, it probably wouldn't have been too difficult to get to, if I hadn't been so busy in the run up to Xmas.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.