Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Sailing on Sunshine is one of my faves, didn't know it came from so far back (when were these Blitz sessions anyway?) confused

Early 1993 according to Paul's posting on EV.

On 'Electrofear' i like 'leaving', 'Citys Of Light 1', and 'Invisible Women' mostly.

i love the track 'nation 12.' i love foxx's vocoder voice. i'm assuming that's what's going on. it sounds like him. it's a beautiful track.

i've just got to add that i really do love 'cities of light' the nation 12 version. it doesn't make me think of paris because of the plural. this track is heavenly + really makes me feel like i'm ascending the clouds, gray, white and gold and seeing ... well, cities of light.

I found that Electrofear grows on you more and more over time. Tracks that I wasn't quite sure of at first, I later got quite into.

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
I found that Electrofear grows on you more and more over time. Tracks that I wasn't quite sure of at first, I later got quite into.
Same for me.

It took me a while as well,I did play it solidly for 2 weeks though when I first had it.Still dont like Let the Drummer get Wicked though.

Its about the same for me regarding that 'Drummer' track.
Thats the most non Foxxy track i think John's even been on.....probably. confused

Nation 12 on the whole it's OK but I can't stand that Drummer track. Always skip that one.
Peter smile

where is that sample "drummer get wicked" from originally? i just heard it recently on something i used to be familiar with (public enemy?)

anyway, while searching for this answer, i found this about shem:

Shem formed Ramp in the early 90's with musician Simon Rogers, exploring a developing love of twisted progressive sounds and general club silliness. The decks gathered dust but the tracks came thick and fast: Nation 12 'Listen To The Drummer', Ramp 'Rock The Discotek', and yet more remixes, this time for D:Ream, Sister Sledge, Armand Van Helden, Yazz and Boy George. On his own Shem slowly became Slacker, eager to offload some of his darker samples and release the psychedelic demons he'd picked up by accident on trips to Goa and Thailand.

http://www.emimusicpub.co.uk/worldwide/artist_profile/shem-mccauley_profile.html

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.