Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#35552 01/13/07 02:08 AM
reflecting on this thread,I remember buying "Pleasures" at the gig in London,a full 6 months before it's actual release(I think),I remember there was a dely in the copies getting to the gig as they came direct from the pressing plant to the gig!!
Myself and my friend them.after the gig,went to Slimelight,then she drove home!!
Both shattered we put on the cd when we got home and "Camera" was just outstanding!!
in a half dazed state of no sleep it was just superb!!
Still love it to this day! laugh

#35553 01/22/07 07:43 PM
Most of 'The Golden Section' and pretty much all of 'In Mysterious Ways' would fall foul for me here. The attraction of 'Your Dress' has always evaded me. The lyric, taken on its own, isn't at all bad, but all that frantic vocalising towards the end of the song... I just can't get that excited about a couple of yards of organza...

#35554 01/22/07 08:16 PM
I have to admit, most of Electrofear does little for me, but I do have a Commodore Amiga-induced affection for "Into The Wonderful", and when I first heard it while playing "Gods", I knew there was something awfully familiar about it... wink

I also like playing "Leaving" at an inhumanly loud volume in the car, due to the obvious "Through My Sleeping" connection, and the amazingly spleen-mashing bass. laugh

BTW, does anyone else get an inexplicable urge to, while singing along, replace "through my sleeping" with "through mice leaping"? :p

#35555 01/29/07 12:04 PM
C
C
Tis strange, but I love IMW, and all the extra B-sides that were around the Golden Section/IMW period. Must say, a bit hypocritically, that I didn't mind 'Listen To the Drummer' until I found John wasn't really involved and now tend to skip it. I don't like much about 'automobile' and 'she robot', and think POE is the weakest Foxx/Gordon album, that said, it does contain some of the best Foxx songs - A Funny Thing has, IMHO, the best lyric he's ever written.
So, I don't think 'Listen To The drummer' can be classed as Foxx, but would vote for 'Automobile' as the worst (still better than most people's best, tho')
Cheers

#35556 01/29/07 09:56 PM
T
T
I never "Listen to the Drummer".

#35557 01/30/07 12:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
I never "Listen to the Drummer".
it's somehow funny , but no matter how much or less john was actually involved in this song , i still have a soft spot for it & can listen to it from time to time & if i'm in the right mood for it ! ;-)

i personally dislike & therefore NEVER like to listen to his - imho - way too "beatles-like" songs again , such as "annexe" & the likes from that era ! :-/

as i never really liked the beatles , i also don't like john's attempts to sound like them - in which way soever , sorry ! :-o

#35558 01/30/07 06:55 PM
H
H
"Your Kisses Burn V2" is a particular low point for me.

#35559 01/30/07 07:00 PM
To be honest and I know I will got shot down in flames but I much prefer the Nation 12 version of Your Kisses Burn.

#35560 01/31/07 01:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by metal beat:
I much prefer the Nation 12 version of Your Kisses Burn.
me too , so u are not the only ones then , peter & hh ! ;-)

#35561 01/31/07 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by SF Metamatrix:
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
[b] I never "Listen to the Drummer".
it's somehow funny , but no matter how much or less john was actually involved in this song , i still have a soft spot for it & can listen to it from time to time & if i'm in the right mood for it ! ;-)

i personally dislike & therefore NEVER like to listen to his - imho - way too "beatles-like" songs again , such as "annexe" & the likes from that era ! :-/

as i never really liked the beatles , i also don't like john's attempts to sound like them - in which way soever , sorry ! :-o [/b]
Well, I'm with you on the Beatle-esque stuff. Don't care much for that! Although 'Leaving' isn't too bad. I do love 'Your Kisses Burn', but I do favour the 'From Trash' version. wink

Sarah B

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.