Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#35250 07/24/09 07:15 AM
OP Offline
So it IS possible to remaster that stuff.

Would be interesting to know the opinions of the musicians about it.
At least this one would be the missed part between all the remasters (Ultravox Mk1, Mk2 and John solo; which are all very well made!!). A piece of band history which is worth to release it.
If it ever would be happen it would be Easter and Christmas on one day for me!... laugh

#35251 07/24/09 07:39 AM
Administrator
Administrator
I still remain unconvinced of the value of releasing this stuff, or even pursung the idea.

So far, those of us enaged in this conversation have the recordings anyway... eek confused

I can't see how it fits in with a marketing plan for any of the artists involved either.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#35252 07/24/09 08:17 AM
OP Offline
You're right Martin, we have the stuff, and I'm glad about this . But there could be done much more of the sound if it would be remastered.

If I listen to the live version of I Can't Stay Long from Humania or the Peel session, I can imagine how fantastic a cleaned recording of these boots can sounding like. Many of the sound gone lost between the hiss. It is worth to be remastered.

As for the marketing plan I think , it would be the same for the artists as they had released all the Island remasters. I remember we all never had thought this would be happen one day. It would only be the 4th CD in the set.

So if Gary Numan had done it - why not this stuff of Ultravox? At least there is not a must to buy it, but I would love to have a copy. And I'm not alone, I think... wink

#35253 07/24/09 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:

So if Gary Numan had done it - why not this stuff of Ultravox? At least there is not a must to buy it, but I would love to have a copy. And I'm not alone, I think... wink
You are not alone. It would be great, wouldn't it?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.