Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35228 06/12/09 07:44 PM
OP Offline
I think I have read somewhere that a live DVD of the recent tour will be released at some point but I also wondered if there were any plans to release a live dvd also/with the new DVD from the footage from the concert that the Live tracks that appeared on the recent best of CD/DVD. The footage of Sleepwalk and vienna live was excellent so surely the rest of the concert was filmed.

I think it would be a brilliant idea to release a 2 DVD set, perhaps calling it "Then & Now".

Any one else think it is a good idea??

Gary
Gary Hunter Official Web Page

PS if the Ultravox camp think this is a good idea can I have a free signed copy!!

#35229 06/13/09 08:22 AM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary Hunter:
I think I have read somewhere that a live DVD of the recent tour will be released at some point but I also wondered if there were any plans to release a live dvd also/with the new DVD from the footage from the concert that the Live tracks that appeared on the recent best of CD/DVD. The footage of Sleepwalk and vienna live was excellent so surely the rest of the concert was filmed.

I think it would be a brilliant idea to release a 2 DVD set, perhaps calling it "Then & Now".

There are definitely plans to release material from Ultravox's recent Return to Eden tour - their show at The Roundhouse was filmed.

Regarding the two tracks (Sleepwalk and Vienna) which appeared on the recently released CD/DVD Best Of... album. Although more material would've doubtless (possibly) have been filmed at the time, these were the ONLY tracks which we could locate. So, although it would be a 'nice idea' to include more material from that show (St Albans, 16 Aug 1980) on some future release - it's exceptionally unlikely.

Quote:
PS if the Ultravox camp think this is a good idea can I have a free signed copy!!
Bwahahahahaha... laugh

Rob

#35230 06/13/09 09:17 AM
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
Quote:
[b] I think I have read somewhere that a live DVD of the recent tour will be released at some point but I also wondered if there were any plans to release a live dvd also/with the new DVD from the footage from the concert that the Live tracks that appeared on the recent best of CD/DVD. The footage of Sleepwalk and vienna live was excellent so surely the rest of the concert was filmed.

There are definitely plans to release material from Ultravox's recent Return to Eden tour - their show at The Roundhouse was filmed.

Regarding the two tracks (Sleepwalk and Vienna) which appeared on the recently released CD/DVD Best Of... album. Although more material would've doubtless (possibly) have been filmed at the time, these were the ONLY tracks which we could locate. So, although it would be a 'nice idea' to include more material from that show (St Albans, 16 Aug 1980) on some future release - it's exceptionally unlikely.

Quote:
Bwahahahahaha... laugh

Rob [/b]
Excellent news that there will be a DVD from recent tour as I was n't able to go and see them.

Let's hope that other footage from that early concert get found as I think that would make for a great release!

Thanks for responding Rob

#35231 06/13/09 09:40 AM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Excellent news that there will be a DVD from recent tour as I was n't able to go and see them.
I'll post more details about this release as and when they've been confirmed.

Quote:
Let's hope that other footage from that early concert get found as I think that would make for a great release!
Although it would be great to see some more footage from the St Albans show (16 Aug 1980), please believe me when I say that it is highly unlikely as the search we did was pretty comprehensive. If more material was available, I'm sure that EMI would've added it to that Best Of... album.

Quote:
Thanks for responding Rob
Not a problem...

Rob

#35232 06/13/09 01:33 PM
M
M
Quote:
Cracking title!!

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.