Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 752 of 753 1 2 750 751 752 753
currently listening to this:-

https://soundcloud.com/ghostculture/arms-edit-a-side

Remind you of anything?

What about the album cover?

Brian

I
I
Well mental infirmity brought me half way across Europe to see my beloved Blues play at Crystal Palace . On a high from the unexpected win at Selhurst Park , I met up with my fellow Metamatician velohead Radio Beach on the Sunday (see footy thread) the beer and the company were excellent but clouded my subsequent judgement in HMV After maxing out on my credit card to by my teenage daughter her One Direction merchandise I realised a had a few shillings left to spend on myself I've more or less got everything I want now music-wise but proceeded to buy the following
Script for a Jester's tear Marillion Stand out tracks Garden Party Basically it's as if Nicky Wire had run into Rick Wakeman in a pub in Pontypridd and invited him back for a session with his fellow Manics Rather than the usual Tolkein inspired bollocks favoured by prog bands (Such rubbish titles as Middle Earth spring to mind Fish goes all vitriolic and lays into The Establishment who end up "running" the country. Other stand out track Forgotten Sons Fish has run into PFM in a Milan trattoria and rails against the futility of war over the Italian bands moog playing . Footnote my Brother is a proghead and we went and saw them back in the day in Liverpool they were good
Next up MANIC STREETY PREACHERS GOLD AGAINST THE SOUL I already had it on cassette but decided to drag myself into the 1990's by purchasing it on CD . Good political stuff to a faux Guns and Roses background beat. Just to think THE HOLY BIBLE was just round the corner A solid 7 out of 10 on all tracks Stand out SCREAM TO A SIGH As a linguist I'd like to point out to James that the stress falls on the final syllable so it is durer-a rather than du-rera But whatever , La tristesse will never go away
Lastly TRANSFORMER LOU REED Stand outs for me SATELLITE OF LOVEand ANDYS CHEST Unfortunately a lot of it sounds like Dave Brubeck or Johnny Dankworth none more so than Walk on the Wild Side only saved by its risqué lyrics "And Cleo Laine goes doo da doo da doo "

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 02/04/15 07:06 PM.
Saw that in Rough Trade the other week and had to do a double-take!

Any good?

How'd you get on with the books? Started on either yet?

OMD - Junk Culture Deluxe on Spotify*

* I know, I know .. but they've ballsed up the pressing so I'm waiting for it to get sorted before I buy the real thing.

Last edited by MemberD; 02/05/15 12:41 PM.
I
I
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
How'd you get on with the books? Started on either yet?

Halfway through The Tim "I'm the centre of the Universe " Burgess one Think I know about 3 tracks by The Charlatans , I don't think I'll be endeavouring to deepen my knowledge of their opus. Good read all the same Thanks for putting me onto it Reckon I'll enjoy the Simon Reynolds one more
BTW Princess Basso already had 2 of the 3 books I got her . Could have spent the cash on further slurps !

I
I
Originally Posted By: MemberD
OMD - Junk Culture Deluxe on Spotify*

* I know, I know .. but they've ballsed up the pressing so I'm waiting for it to get sorted before I buy the real thing.

When did ISIS release you Membs ? I was about to make an appeal on "Chi l'ha visto ?" *

*Italian Crimewatch for the uninitiated

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 02/05/15 01:19 PM.
They only let me out when relatively insignificant eighties albums get the 'deluxe' re-issue treatment.

Next one is set to be Kajagogoo's Islands - Deluxe pending imminent release. Rumours among fans talk of the inclusion of long-awaited demo versions of the hits Big Apple and Turn Your Back on Me, as well as the much sought after 12" only B-Side Big Apple (instrumental version) and the sans Limahl re-working of Too Shy, from the near-legendary Janice Long session.

We live in hope.

Oh no! I should've asked Queen Basso on WhassApp!

I've met Burgess a few times and he's a really nice bloke, so I had that angle when I read it. The Reynolds one is really good - well recommended.

Originally Posted By: MemberD
They only let me out when relatively insignificant eighties albums get the 'deluxe' re-issue treatment.

Next one is set to be Kajagogoo's Islands - Deluxe pending imminent release. Rumours among fans talk of the inclusion of long-awaited demo versions of the hits Big Apple and Turn Your Back on Me, as well as the much sought after 12" only B-Side Big Apple (instrumental version) and the sans Limahl re-working of Too Shy, from the near-legendary Janice Long session.

We live in hope.

laugh laugh laugh

Page 752 of 753 1 2 750 751 752 753

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.