Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#34763 07/02/08 07:56 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
I'm sure many of us have read biographic pieces informing us that Tiger Lily gigged "extensively around London" between 1974 and 1976, and there are numerous references to hippy festivals etc at which they are said to have appeared.

But...

I have been researching this for a while now and have really struggled to find ANY details of ANY Tiger Lily appearances anywhere, other than a pub in Islington and a date at the Marquee.

Can anyone confirm anything?

Something to while away a balmy summer evening... wink

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#34764 07/02/08 08:20 PM
In the Interview with Warren Cann - made by Jonas Warstad - Warren told about a very first gig in Chorley, Lancs. It was awarm up gig before their official first gig at the Marquee in London they supporting the Heavy Metal Kids on 24th Aug. 1974. They did a second gig at the Marquee shortly afterwards for supporting Chris Speddings band "The Sharks".

I also found a copy of a ticket on Billy Currie's web site for some years ago. It's from 28 September (sorry ,no year)at the "Pied Bull" in Liverpool Rd N.1. ENTRANCE COSTS FOR THIS GIG WAS 25 PENCE!!!!!

Hope this helps you on your balmy evening... wink

Andreas

#34765 07/03/08 08:33 AM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Thanks Andreas!

The Marquee gigs are also listed on the official Marquee website.
The HMK gig is shown as 16th August.
Sharks support then 24th September.

http://www.themarqueeclub.net/1974

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.