Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
J
I understand and respect the band's decision and Rob and Cerise's efforts in getting the CDs re-released. I'm also aware of the logistics surrounding a reissue.

Bonus tracks are tricky. Many fans want the extra material, but you also have to consider and respect the band's original intentions; maybe Foxx and the boys just didn't like the idea of, say, "My Sex" seguing into "TV Orphans" on the reissue. I'm okay with that. Still, as an obsessive nut, I hope the remaining tracks will eventually see the light of day. smile

Quote:
Originally posted by John Foxxworthy:
The passive construction "a consensus of opinion could not be reached" is a little ambiguous.
Intentionally so, I'm afraid. Some band members were in favour, others not; we didn't want to reveal any specifics in case of blame-slinging, particularly as the band visit these forums (more than would appear). wink

J
J
Eek. eek For the record, that Warren Cann is one handsome fellow. Also, Midge's sideburns are looking mighty lovely as of late.

But seriously, I'm a little surprised the band reads forums like these. If I were them, I'd find reading about myself unbearable. I guess they've had more practice than I have.

Nice to finally meet you, by the way, Cerise. I've seen your name scattered about for years now.

T
Telekon Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Quote:
Originally posted by E. G. Ekin:
Quote:
Originally posted by Telekon:
[b] That blows....over an album's worth of material that may or may not reach our loyal fan base unless Island decides to release it. Maybe we can petition.
It may 'blow', but if you read the EV item carefully, it was because the band decided not to release it, not Island. As for petitioning, this was done on everyone's behalf by EV - I would have thought it unlikely your strategy of petitioning would be successful. Sorry.

frown

EG
x [/b]
Understood...I re-read it thoroughly and my brain must have shut off at certain points during my initial vising, in which I was looking for this key phrase: "these unreleased tunes will be released in a couple weeks or at that kooky guy in Los Angeles's discretion" or something to that effect. As for my declaration: "let's petition," it's just a passionate reply. Finally, as for the preceding sentence in this paragraph, I hope to slip more obscure Foxx/Vox references into future posts.

Cheers, and thanks to all who clarified the thread.

Quote:
Nice to finally meet you, by the way, Cerise. I've seen your name scattered about for years now.
Nice to meet you too! laugh

Quote:
"these unreleased tunes will be released in a couple weeks or at that kooky guy in Los Angeles's discretion"
And the "kooky guy in Los Angeles" in question is...? smile

Mrs. X

T
Telekon Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. X:
Quote:
[b]"these unreleased tunes will be released in a couple weeks or at that kooky guy in Los Angeles's discretion"
And the "kooky guy in Los Angeles" in question is...? smile

Mrs. X [/b]
'Tis I! I live in Looped Los Angeles.

J
J
I'm online friends with a girl who calls herself Telekon. When I met her, I assumed she was a guy. When I met you, I assumed you were a girl. The next Telekon I meet will be a hermaphrodite.

T
Telekon Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Quote:
I'm online friends with a girl who calls herself Telekon. When I met her, I assumed she was a guy. When I met you, I assumed you were a girl. The next Telekon I meet will be a hermaphrodite.
Random gender.

J
J
Ah, when I was a man and you were a woman...

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.