Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I had a nice surprise this morning. I hadn't read this thread and to my amazement "A New Kind Of Man" landed on my doormat. I haven't played it yet but will do so later today. It's nice to have something early for a change.

Sounds like we have a lot to look forward to this year. Piano music sounds interesting. I bet that'll be out in time for Leeds.

Peter smile smile

Hi Peter,

Your lucky to have that.

I've been working so many hours at work over the last few weeks I'd only got round to ordering it yesterday.Hopefully should have it next weeek.

Brian

C
C
Quote:
Just add a few vintage strings here and there either from a Logan/Solina/Farfisa/Yamaha ....
Of course one mustn't forget the Elka Rhapsody 610. Foxx sailed through this on Systems of Romance. It is my understanding that the strings on Metamatic came from the Polymoog, Yamaha CS80 and the Farfisa Syntorchestra or Soundmaker.

Another fine string machine/organ is the one used by JM Jarre on his early material, the Eminent 310U with the Electro-Harmonix Small Stone phaser. BTW the Solina was an original product by Eminent which was later sold as an ARP.

I've a weakness for string machines. laugh

Chris C wink

Administrator
Administrator
Townsend Records don't have this on their 'New releases' section??? eek

I'm wondering where else, apart from this forum and the mailing list, it is possible to find out that this album even exists?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Good point (and probably explains why someone is willing to pay £35 on e-bay). It would be far more visible if made available on Play or Amazon (or if Townsend had an e-bay shop).

Administrator
Administrator
But then, with a sales target of only £500 copies, why go for a higher profile release?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I think there is a danger some fans may miss out completely (or end up paying too much), which is a shame. Retro Future is nearing 1000 sales and I think this album has wider appeal and could sell more.

Looks like someone else is going to pay over the odds frown

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/John-Foxx-A-NEW-KI...1QQcmdZViewItem

Administrator
Administrator
It's harder to forgive them using that 'U' word in the item description mad

This one sold too (to someone from Spain) :rolleyes:

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.