Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
#34078 10/19/10 08:13 PM
M
M
"And as I walk out a new man appears" Shouldn't that be "There's a new man at the edge of me".

Wonder if that was an earlier line that didn't quite fit.

#34079 10/19/10 09:08 PM
wink

#34080 10/23/10 02:04 PM
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Don't forget, Foxx fans.

The cheek-boned one has a brand new single [b]Miles Away
out on Virgin this Monday... cool [/b]
I like the sleeve! Shame it is wasted on a one-off single. Let's hope it is resurrected at some point, perhaps for a live album of the Metamatic tour. I hear this is scheduled for 2007 but presumably that is the time he will appear on stage ...

#34081 10/23/10 06:27 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
"And as I walk out a new man appears" Shouldn't that be "There's a new man at the edge of me".

Wonder if that was an earlier line that didn't quite fit.
That line is the one used in the video for the single, as featured on the Japanese mini LP Burning Car. The first 'official' UK appearance of this track was on the 2xCD package of The Garden whereon it is described as an "alternative version"

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#34082 10/24/10 05:50 PM
L
L
That version of Miles Away also appeared on my prize possession... a 7" UK acetate (won via an EV competition many moons ago). This could indicate that it was being considered for UK release.

#34083 10/29/10 06:48 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
That's brilliant - thanks so much for sharing!!

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
I almost forgot to flag this up!!

The Garden album was released 30 years ago this week, and is of course, still completely fabulous.

Perfect for such a mild autumn night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX6G3XwuYS8

Right Martin! I've been following musical events of 1981 quite closely.
Europe After the Rain as a single was out also reached a massive No. 40 in the charts on 05/09/81 and also got onto TOTP. (but I think that's been discussed elsewhere)

..oh and by the way there's this in "this week's" Smash Hits

C
C
Originally Posted By: Birdsong
The Garden album was released 30 years ago this week, and is of course, still completely fabulous

Johns most significant album for me on a deeply emotional level, and in my top ten by any artist. But for a long time I can't bear to play it - far too many memories - and more poignant with the realisation that three decades have now pushed the past further away from the present. I've never even listened to any of my copy of the 2Disc re-master from 2008 - Perhaps an intervention, or even a seance is required!

On the subject of John's album's 30th anniversaries, we're going to have quite a big gap in future after 2015 till 2027...

Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.