Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
#34058 09/27/10 07:57 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Exclusive news:

In addition to the FREE track on flexi-disc in next week's copy of Smash Hits, Virgin will be shortly releasing a NEW SINGLE to follow up the success of John Foxx recent smash hit It's A Burning Car.

The 7" vinyl release will include two new tracks from recent studio sessions.

The A-side is called Miles Away and promises to be a departure in style from the stark minimalism of Metamatic, while the B-side is a song written and performed by John Foxx and members of Shake Shake – entitled A Long Time, the song features guitarist Jo Dworniak and drummer Duncan Bridgeman.

No artwork is available for the single yet, but Foxx informed us that his preferred choice for the cover image is one of his own compositions inspired by a scene from the Japanese movie The H-Men which he referenced on "He's A Liquid" and his own creation called "The Quiet Man".

Sadly, no pre-ordering is possible for this new release. You are advised to get down to Woolworth's before dawn to secure your copy…

Release date: 17th October 1980
Catalogue number: VS382

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#34059 09/28/10 07:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
Your Attention Please!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51106326@N00/4792598740/sizes/l/in/set-72157624365730237/

Sorry to digress, but take a look at the intro to that Smash Hits article, I quote:-

"In these dark days of economic hardship and world recession it is the duty of each and every responsible citizen to tighten their belts, pull up their socks, put their shoulders to the wheel and noses to the grindstone..."

laugh 30 years ago and cor blimey, its present day blighty again matey!

Yeah I noticed that too and I thought "he! plus ca change..." ..
hard times...

#34060 09/28/10 08:47 AM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
Apparently the idea was to get the songs to sound exactly like their 60s counterparts, except with you know who on vocals. Sorry, just don't see the point.
Like a Forrest Gump, there are those who seek to re-write History and to position themselves at the apex of something that they were never a part of. It's either wish fulfillment, vanity, or perhaps just mere folly.

And then there are those who reconsider their own history. Tidying up loose ends, fixing the things they left undone, or (perhaps sometimes rightly or wrongly) re-contextualizing.

I'm with the artist that does the latter. So with that in mind, lets all join in with this:

"Oh you were so perfectly original
You never give chapter or a verse"

"And I'll always love you for your miracles
Never for better, Or for worse"

smile

#34061 09/28/10 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Exclusive news:

The A-side is called [b]Miles Away
and promises to be a departure in style from the stark minimalism of Metamatic, while the B-side is a song written and performed by John Foxx and members of Shake Shake – entitled A Long Time, the song features guitarist Jo Dworniak and drummer Duncan Bridgeman.
[/b]
No! No! No! .. please don't go there John Foxx!
eek .. we want more stark minimalism! guitars and drums will NEVER come back EVER again.
eek

#34062 10/01/10 09:19 PM
erm, not quite the news you gave Martin, but that "Quiet Man" thing sounds interesting .. and the "human Host" wonder when that will see the light of day??
Smash Hits Oct 2 1980

#34063 10/02/10 09:26 AM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Blimey - he seems to have LOADS of projects on the go!! cool

It's gonna take about 30 years to realise all of them.

A bunch of choral singers laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#34064 10/07/10 09:27 PM
L
L
Just picked this up from the newsagent.

Can't wait to wrip the cover to bits trying to remove the record in one piece so I can hear what the track sounds like!

#34065 10/07/10 11:04 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
P and © is 'Island Music' not Virgin??

And don't you just love the ironic/iconic juxtaposition of Numan peering out through the Foxxian golden glow...

#34066 10/08/10 06:55 AM
Ooooh the irony!

Anyway glad to report that this new track is TOTALLY ACE and IS all electronic in Metamatic vein so just really looking forward to the next album.
smile smile

#34067 10/08/10 08:01 AM
C
C
off course I could be reading it wrong wink but I'm very intrigued by that article about 'Gary Numans bad manners rockpile', wonder what thats all about, naughty Gary eek

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.