Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
M
OP Offline
M
From www.townsend-records.co.uk:

In 1983, John Foxx decided to undertake his first ever solo tour, playing concerts throughout Europe and Japan, promoting his then-current album “The Golden Section”.

Edsel is now pleased to release the Definitive 2 CD Edition of this important tour, now entitled “In The Glow”. While some of the recordings from two of the concerts (the Dominion Theatre, London on 21st October, and The Lyceum, London on 11th December) were issued in 2002 as part of a live release, which included other material, the majority of material in this package is previously unreleased.

Featuring both his own songs and some originally performed with Ultravox, and mixed by John Foxx himself, this is a fascinating document of a groundbreaking tour.

Tracks
1. Running Across Thin Ice With Tigers (The Dominion, London, 21st October 1983)
2. Walk Away (The Dominion, London, 21st October 1983)
3. My Wild Love (The Dominion, London, 21st October 1983)
4. Quiet Man (The Dominion, London, 21st October 1983)
5. Twilight's Last Gleaming (The Dominion, London, 21st October 1983)
6. Just For A Moment (The Dominion, London, 21st October 1983)
7. Like A Miracle (The Dominion, London, 21st October 1983)
8. Ghosts On Water (The Dominion, London, 21st October 1983)
9. Pater Noster (The Dominion, London, 21st October 1983)
10. The Hidden Man (The Dominion, London, 21st October 1983)
11. When I Was A Man And You Were A Woman (The Dominion, London, 21st October 1983)
12. Systems Of Romance (The Dominion, London, 21st October 1983)
13. Slow Motion (The Dominion, London, 21st October 1983)

1. The Garden (The Dominion, London, 21st October 1983)
2. I Can't Stay Long (The Dominion, London, 21st October 1983)
3. Your Dress (The Dominion, London, 21st October 1983)
4. Walk Away (The Dominion, London, 21st October 1983)
5. My Wild Love (The Lyceum, London, 11th December 1983)
6. Quiet Men (The Lyceum, London, 11th December 1983)
7. Pater Noster (The Lyceum, London, 11th December 1983)
8. Slow Motion (The Lyceum, London, 11th December 1983)
9. When I Was A Man And You Were A Woman (The Lyceum, London, 11th December 1983)
10. Systems Of Romance (The Lyceum, London, 11th December 1983)
11. The Garden (The Lyceum, London, 11th December 1983)
12. I Can't Stay Long (The Lyceum, London, 11th December 1983)
13. Your Dress (The Lyceum, London, 11th December 1983)

At long last, TPOE and Shifting City are up there too - it's a John Foxx bonanza!!

The Double Live CD looks excellent and a decent price to.

The other 2 albums Shifting City" & "The Pleasures Of Electricity" look intriguing with a remixed version of the album and the original mixes. Gary Hunter Official Homepage

Administrator
Administrator
This is indeed excellent news!

Not surprisingly, I'm looking forward to hearing the bonus and remixed tracks most of all.
Shifting City is one of my favourite Foxx albums, and TPOE one of my least favourites - an interesting juxtaposition for me.

I'm less convinced about the cover for In The Glow.
Probably in the minority here, but while I love the artwork and its always great to see John's own work on the sleeves - personally I think there needs to be some different style used for live albums.

I actually LIKE to see tour/live photographs used on albums sleeves.
A very minor point.

I was at both the shows that make up In the Glow, so I guess I have no significant grounds for complaint! And 26 tracks - Wow! The last release of this only had ten or so.

Roll on October 5th. I don't usually bother with pre-ordering

Once again, big thanks to Steve, John etc for making this happen.

Now is the winter of our discontent

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
H
H
Pleased to see this finally coming out as this was my favourite JF era and I missed the tour due to John mysteriously cancelling his Sheffield Leadmill gig (I was only 15 at the time and was so desperate to go that I'd persuaded my dad to go with me as the leadmill didn't allow under 18s in on their own).

I'm not sure why there's two versions of some tracks, unless the two shows recorded featured radically different versions, but better too have too many songs than not enough!

I'm so made up with this release! smile smile smile

Hope there's some good pics of John live in the booklet too.

C
C
Those shows were impressive and its great to have them catalogued into a double CD.

The artwork is out of this world! laugh

Chris wink

Systems of Romance - presumably from this album - on foxxmetamatic myspace player.

I cant seem to get motivated to buy this one. Whats the difference to what has already been released?

Quote:
Originally posted by Furniture:
I cant seem to get motivated to buy this one. Whats the difference to what has already been released?
The motivation is it is a FULL! concert recording of the Golden Section Tour for the first time+ another half show on the second CD too. I assume the half show is the last one of that tour (which made the round as bootleg here) and includes the Thank you credits from John to all.
This CD is a must have! wink

BTW: I stood at the Golden Section Tour gig in Hamburg in October 1983. It will be great to listen to this concert in full length and great sound quality - doesn't matter were it was recorded. The set list was the same.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.