Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#33692 09/02/09 04:05 PM
G
OP Offline
G
I was wondering what videos are avaible, like live performances, interviews, videoclips, special editions videoclips, etc... from metamatic era.
Someone knows?

If you have to share could you post here please?

Administrator
Administrator
There were no live performances during 'the metamatic era' as John Foxx did not play live until The Golden Section Tour in 1983.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
G
Gem Offline
G
I can't think of any TV interviews from that era, either. There are, however, a few promotional videos available on John's YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnFoxxMetamatic

Go to the second page to find videos for 'Underpass' and 'He's a Liquid'. You should still be able to track down some recordings of John's performances on the British TV show 'Top of the Tops' if you search on the YouTube home page.

Hope that helps! smile

If you're interested in the videos, a VHS Compilation tape was made available in the late 80s, you'll find details of it here;

http://www.discogs.com/John-Foxx-John-Foxx/release/1239074

Copies ocassionally pop up on Ebay. It has to be said though that Foxx isn't happy with most of his 80s videos and has intimated in the past that he'd like to create new films...but don't hold your breath!

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
If you're interested in the videos, a VHS Compilation tape was made available in the late 80s, you'll find details of it here;

http://www.discogs.com/John-Foxx-John-Foxx/release/1239074
And here ...

Rob

G
OP Offline
G
Thanks a lot to everyone. I think would be important to understand the kind of promotion that Jonh Foxx did with his Metamatic (the first solo) album. The age of 1980 was a age of change of the synthpop. We could see a lot many bands apearing during this year, and the kind of efect that bands like Ultravox!, Gary Numan, Human League/The Future, OMD and David Bowie did with them.

I remember a full page advert by Virgin Records in NME either at the very end of 79 or beginning of 1980 where Metamatic was featured as one of Virgin's new albums for the new decade or something like that..

G
OP Offline
G
If someone usualy see John could you ask this particular question please:

During and a little before of the Metamatic session, what kind of artistic movement and musical projects did influenced you to create an album like this ? What was your introspection ?

How many people was involved in this album (counting with making the cover, the music, everything)?

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by GlamourZero:
If someone usualy see John could you ask this particular question please:

How many people was involved in this album (counting with making the cover, the music, everything)?
This question is answered on the sleevenotes of the album, re-issued on CD by Edsel in 2008

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
G
OP Offline
G
I think i eard a few more people in Metal Beat interview. Some people who help John in creating some sounds for the album and for The Bed soundtrack, including some unrelease material.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.