Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33281 08/04/10 07:27 AM
OP Offline
Hi fellow forum-ites!

Just completed a fun project involving a remix and video to one of JF's Quiet Man chapters.

It features John reading 'Shifting City' himself surrounded by a
track I cobbled together last December.

After living with it on my iPod all of these months I reckoned an accompanying video might be a good way to share it.

I would be thrilled if you might spare a few minutes of your time to check it out!

YouTube

#33282 08/04/10 08:38 AM
Nice work!
laugh
Great imagery . .where did you get the footage?

#33283 08/06/10 06:16 AM
OP Offline
Thanks Member D!
There were 9 short films I pulled off of Archive.org that provided the ideal bits and bobs for the video.
It was a pleasure sifting through them and cobbling a visual that would suit the vocal narrative.

#33284 08/07/10 07:11 AM
Very interesting and cleverly put together. Agree with Member D on the footage - good selection.

#33285 08/07/10 07:44 AM
OP Offline
Thank you Solenoid!

I was wondering what you would all make of the Quiet Man being set in San Francisco as we traditionally see London as its proper setting. Glad to hear you felt the images worked. Fun fact, the animated portions are by Chuck Jones, best known for his work on the old Warner Brothers cartoons.

#33286 08/12/10 01:47 PM
C
C
First chance I've had to watch this, and I really enjoyed it! A lovely 7+ minutes which made me want to experience it in a live setting.

Love the dreamy trippy music, and in places the visuals just melded so beautifully, the old footage of San Fran settled in easily and shows that John's love poem to the city has a wide reach in terms of time and distance.

Has anyone noticed before just how much John sounds like he's about to start singing when he's talking in his way with his words, or perhaps I'm just late to the table on that one laugh

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.