Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21
H
OP Offline
H
Given the album title and the obvious associations, you really can't blame John for using another photo from the old Metamatic session, can you?

Though personally I think it would have been interesting if John had used the magic of Photoshop to superimpose a picture of him as he looks today on the right of the picture, as if he's visiting his former self.

C
C

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
in time for April the 12ths release date!
smile
Wow, there's a few Thought Experiments in there!
Thansk for sharing - lots to think about...

but I think you mean May 3rd (date changed at Townsend) Again :rolleyes: ...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
...I think you mean May 3rd (date changed at Townsend) Again :rolleyes: ...
I'm so out the loop!

Crikey, Metatronic put back you say, that was quick, Johns obviously read my plea, err, I mean post smile

Nice one Core! To be honest, for me 'Glimmer' was enough JF compilation. I don't need another one (as it inhabits all the styles and moods you describe). Unless, of course, he radically reworks the stuff, as you suggested!

G
G
Well, I am firmly in the camp of being a fan of the cover design and I think the choice of font is fantastic. I will definitely be getting hold of a copy.

So, does anyone know the name of the font that was used yet? It is in a similar vein to that being used in recent Fiat car advertising, but I didn't find out what was being used for that either...

yes I noticed the FIAT thing when i got one of their brochues over the weekend!
http://www.puntoevo.it/

Quote:
Originally posted by glimmer fix:
Well, I am firmly in the camp of being a fan of the cover design and I think the choice of font is fantastic. I will definitely be getting hold of a copy.

So, does anyone know the name of the font that was used yet? It is in a similar vein to that being used in recent Fiat car advertising, but I didn't find out what was being used for that either...
Its in the Art Deco family of fonts. This isn't it but I like the name .

H
OP Offline
H
Quote:
Originally posted by glimmer fix:

Oddly enough, the "what font is that?" question recently cropped up on the OMD forum as well.

http://www.omd.uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6412

If you go to the site http://new.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/ and point them in the direction of the Metatronic sleeve, it seems there's a host of Font experts who might be able to tell you what it is and where it comes from.

Page 4 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 21

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.