Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
#32849 10/08/10 08:06 PM
I
I
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
off course I could be reading it wrong wink but I'm very intrigued by that article about 'Gary Numans bad manners rockpile', wonder what thats all about, naughty Gary eek
Him and Buster Bloodvessel went on the crystal meth together !
I initially read that cover as "Smash My Face"

Ok Gazz I'm waiting patiently in the queue

#32850 10/08/10 08:15 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Quote:
[b] off course I could be reading it wrong wink but I'm very intrigued by that article about 'Gary Numans bad manners rockpile', wonder what thats all about, naughty Gary eek

Ok Gazz I'm waiting patiently in the queue [/b]
smash my face!

good one laugh

I actually thought that Gary had 'left a little message somewhere'. That happened to a friend of mine one morning on the way to work, he was caught short and had to use a shopping centre waste basket shocked - forgive the lowering of the tone, hope its alright to mention this shocked laugh :rolleyes: I'll get my coat.

#32851 10/08/10 08:50 PM
I
I
Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] off course I could be reading it wrong wink but I'm very intrigued by that article about 'Gary Numans bad manners rockpile', wonder what thats all about, naughty Gary eek

Ok Gazz I'm waiting patiently in the queue [/b]
smash my face!

good one laugh

I actually thought that Gary had 'left a little message somewhere'. That happened to a friend of mine one morning on the way to work, he was caught short and had to use a shopping centre waste basket shocked - forgive the lowering of the tone, hope its alright to mention this shocked laugh :rolleyes: I'll get my coat. [/b]
Arf ! Is your mate a Rab C Nesbitt type ?
*Rob's voice in background* "Oy lads this is a cutting edge electronic music forum People having an Eartha Kitt in waste disposal equipment North of the Border ain't where we're at !=

#32852 10/09/10 08:22 AM
C
C
Quote:
Arf ! Is your mate a Rab C Nesbitt type ?
...this is a cutting edge electronic music forum!
no m'lud, he were a Londoner, and the crime took place in Ealing Broadway in full daylight.

Indeed this is a cutting-edge electronic music forum, and with that in mind, and bearing in mind that we've now had the IMW album aniversary which sadly marked the end of that part of John's career of endless seasons, whats up next for celebrating?

gasp, take cover... it's Nation 12 eek

#32853 10/09/10 10:44 AM
I
I
Quote:
Quote:
[b]Arf ! Is your mate a Rab C Nesbitt type ?
...this is a cutting edge electronic music forum!
no m'lud, he were a Londoner, and the crime took place in Ealing Broadway in full daylight.

Indeed this is a cutting-edge electronic music forum, and with that in mind, and bearing in mind that we've now had the IMW album aniversary which sadly marked the end of that part of John's career of endless seasons, whats up next for celebrating?

gasp, take cover... it's Nation 12 eek [/b]
But wait we could celebrate the impending 35th anniversary of the last half- decent record by your Caledonian confrere Mr Ure
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_mkV0gKISo&translated=1
Do you realise if history had turned out just a wee bit differently , once big Den had decamped and taken the exclamation mark with him , Les McKeown might have become the new Ultravox chanteur

*Awaits imminent arrival of torch- bearing spiv -moustached baying mob outside my home , bit like Sun readers outside a pediatrician's clinic *
Btw Cores lad , thanks for your sterling support on the "Viz" thread . I'm liking the cut of your jib !

#32854 10/10/10 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
P and © is 'Island Music' not Virgin??

And don't you just love the ironic/iconic juxtaposition of Numan peering out through the Foxxian golden glow...
Well spotted - I rushed to the digital version available on "Modern Art" to cross check. Sadly it only states P and C of Demon music, the re-issuers. However, it states that many of the tracks (including "My Face", "Burning Car", "Underpass", etc) are all "published" by Universal/Island Music. No mention of Virgin although the back cover does state "Issued under licence from Metamatic Records".

Now I know why I don't work in the music industry, too complex for me!! smile

This was one of my favourite tracks all those years ago, so was overjoyed to get a digital version. I have had two copies of the flexi, the first got "folded" to my utter disgust. My sister (very wise woman) suggested ironing it to get the kink out of the vinyl. I was amazed that it actually worked, but horrified that I had also ironed away the groove making the flexi very very flat!! A good friend stepped in and gave me his copy!!

Oh and wow, a free Gary Numan with every flexi-disk!! And in his "red-roots" period?

#32855 10/15/10 06:13 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Don't forget, Foxx fans.

The cheek-boned one has a brand new single Miles Away out on Virgin this Monday... cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#32856 10/15/10 06:18 PM
C
C
Quote:
a brand new single [b]Miles Away out on Virgin this Monday... cool [/b]
laugh

this deja vu is getting too surreal

#32857 10/19/10 12:50 PM
Quote:
Don't forget, Foxx fans.

The cheek-boned one has a brand new single [b]Miles Away
out on Virgin this Monday... cool [/b]
read the lyrics in Smash Hits (tucked away on the last page frown )

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51106326@N00/4795557502/sizes/l/in/set-72157624372745223/

... anyone heard it on Radio 1 yet? ..

but what does he mean by "a new man appears.." and "walking in like someone else.." and "making new plans for the rest of me.." ????
still at least he still writes about "vapour trails"

but what's he doing in that "garden" without a shirt and tie on???
mad

#32858 10/19/10 05:51 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
but what's he doing in that "garden" without a shirt and tie on???
he's in his jimjams having spent the night sleeping in the long grass as he loves to hear the sound of the dawn chorus and feel the morning dew on his face. In that photo he's just about to nip indoors for a breakfast cup of coffee and a warm crossiant smile

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.