Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
John Offline OP
OP Offline
I've just heard on HFM ( www.harboroughfm.co.uk )that John will be featured as Album of the Week, (well..two days anyway!) on Thursday and Friday!
Tune your PC (or Mac) in at 3pm to hear the Richard Oliff show and at 3.30, 4.30, 5.30 and 6.30 he will be playing John on the radio! I think it will be a selection from Modern Art as I lent them the CD to copy to their system and then requested it as A.O.T.W! Richard also said to get in touch with him! Email studio@harboroughfm.co.uk to request anything you want and tell him John Atkins sent you! So tune in and enjoy a couple of days of all too rare Foxx on the radio! laugh

Good stuff John. Plenty to choose from on Modern Art (my first Foxx purchase).

I shall try and listen in.

C
C
How did the show go on HFM john? was there much JF airplay?
I emailed a suggestion for the playlist this morning, don’t know if it was featured as I’m at work during the times of the show.

(Speaking of shows and classic electro rock, anyone remember this moment from Alan Partridge and the Norfolk Night Radio Show laugh ):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hYTGzurLtk&feature=player_embedded

John Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi CM. Eight JF tracks in two days! As I thought, it was a selection from Modern Art. Underpass, Burning Car, Stars On Fire, Enter The Angel, Miles Away, Dancing Like A Gun, Europe After The Rain and Your Dress. It was great to have a bit of a Foxx Fest on the radio!! laugh

Administrator
Administrator
Excellent stuff - thanks John!

Isn't this the station that broadcast the interview/session with Louis just a few month's back too?
they have good taste. cool

So having played eight 'retro' Foxx tracks, it would make good sense for them to follow up with some more recent material...

I've sent my email laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by John:
it was a selection from Modern Art. Underpass, Burning Car, Stars On Fire, Enter The Angel, Miles Away, Dancing Like A Gun, Europe After The Rain and Your Dress.
I used it as an opportunity to Big Up TPOE 09 and requested Nightlife, (although its technically 'the old one' on MA).
Have to agree with Birdsong, they should do a Foxx & Gordon follow-up.

John Offline OP
OP Offline
@ Birdsong. Yes Martin, Louis was here back in May, and according to DJ Dave Charles he might be back in December.... laugh

As they've now featured John as AOTW, it will be a while before they consider him again, but you can request anything from Modern Art anytime, anyday!

@ Core Memory. Your email did get mentioned! I shall give it six months, and then pop the CD down to the station and ask them to consider it! wink

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.