Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
#32452 03/13/09 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeG:
I notice that Sister Ray are now selling copies of My Lost City via their ebay shop (albeit at a slightly higher price than Townsend).

They describe it as 'LTD', which I assume means limited edition, although I don't recall Rob ever stating that this album is a limited edition confused
Hi Mike,

I noted back in early Feb on this thread (pg.1) that My Lost City was listed on Townsend as a 'Townsend Records Exclusive' - I assume that this is PR Blurb for Limited Edition instead of saying Limited Edition.

My confusion is; what's the definition? What is an exclusive? Clearly it's not exclusive to Townsend otherwise Sister Ray wouldn't be selling it, and if it's a Limited Edition - how many were pressed? I wonder if we'll ever know.

Post 1500!* Blimey!

Gazza

(*and they probably all say the same thing – ‘Foxx…blah…Aren’t the League sad these days…Numan? I’ve heard a few of those rare live albums of his…Why are my team so ****…Can’t think why Joy Division haven’t reformed yet…I was the first man in space on my street…Today I’ve been listening to John Foxx – what are the chances?...)
wink

#32453 03/13/09 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeG:
[b] I notice that Sister Ray are now selling copies of My Lost City via their ebay shop (albeit at a slightly higher price than Townsend).

They describe it as 'LTD', which I assume means limited edition, although I don't recall Rob ever stating that this album is a limited edition confused
Hi Mike,

I noted back in early Feb on this thread (pg.1) that My Lost City was listed on Townsend as a 'Townsend Records Exclusive' - I assume that this is PR Blurb for Limited Edition instead of saying Limited Edition.

My confusion is; what's the definition? What is an exclusive? Clearly it's not exclusive to Townsend otherwise Sister Ray wouldn't be selling it, and if it's a Limited Edition - how many were pressed? I wonder if we'll ever know.

Post 1500!* Blimey!

Gazza

(*and they probably all say the same thing – ‘Foxx…blah…Aren’t the League sad these days…Numan? I’ve heard a few of those rare live albums of his…Why are my team so ****…Can’t think why Joy Division haven’t reformed yet…I was the first man in space on my street…Today I’ve been listening to John Foxx – what are the chances?...)
wink [/b]
The why are my team so **** sounds like me Gary laugh

Congrats on the 1500

#32454 03/13/09 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
Not entirely sure I'm with you guys on (in?) "Fog". I will play it again.
Perhaps you're right, 'Fog' is a little different from the My Lost City atmospheres .... but 'Swimmer III' and 'Swimmer IV' on the other hand...... wink

#32455 03/13/09 06:32 PM
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
[b] Not entirely sure I'm with you guys on (in?) "Fog". I will play it again.
Perhaps you're right, 'Fog' is a little different from the My Lost City atmospheres .... but 'Swimmer III' and 'Swimmer IV' on the other hand...... wink [/b]
Funnily enough, I had exactly the same opinion after I played "Fog" earlier in the week.

#32456 03/13/09 07:22 PM
Administrator
Administrator
I 'd agree - Fog (to me) doesn't fit with this album at all

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#32457 03/15/09 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b] [QUOTE]Originally posted by MikeG:
[b] I notice that Sister Ray are now selling copies of My Lost City via their ebay shop (albeit at a slightly higher price than Townsend).

They describe it as 'LTD', which I assume means limited edition, although I don't recall Rob ever stating that this album is a limited edition confused [/QUOTE

Post 1500!* Blimey!

Gazza

wink [/b]
The why are my team so **** sounds like me Gary laugh

Congrats on the 1500 [/b]
Cheers Brian!

#32458 03/16/09 01:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Maybe we just need to feed John with plenty of Mead!
Yeah, I'd drink to that!
Quote:

Anyway - Mike Oldfield has been nominated for a Classical Brit Award for his Music of the Spheres CD - which , OK IS classical, but if an established prog/rock artist can get such a nomination, then why not John.
Probably the thing to do is find out how to nominate him then let everyone know.

#32459 03/16/09 11:18 AM
H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by Herbert the turbot:
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
[b] ....aha! Sanctus Sanctus is now playing. Now let's see what John has called it...Trellick John? :rolleyes: ...Scene 27 :p

Chris wink
Unless I'm missing something, isn't it "Umbro Sumus" that features the "Sanctus Sanctus" refrain? Best track on the album! [/b]
Please ignore me - I got my track titles confused when transferring to mp3. The "Sanctus Sanctus" one is of course "Scene 27; Trellick Tower - Let's See What The Longest Track Title I Can Get Away With Is - 3AM". Which is not only the besttrack on the album but probably one of the best pieces of music John has ever recorded.

#32460 03/16/09 12:06 PM
Te hee - thought as much Herbs. Fret not, easily done. And yes it is an excellent closer top the album although I still reckon "Barbican" should've been the single.... wink

#32461 03/16/09 12:21 PM
Administrator
Administrator
I'm loving this album, it's a revelation!

At the moment, the track emerging as my favourite is Piranesi Motorcade

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.