Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10
C
C
I went for it too. John Foxx is not all about music. I'm pretty sure he was involved in the design of the box set and that's why I've pressed the pre-order button.

And yes Chris C wants more and is waiting for the remasters of...Shifting City and The Pleasures of Electricity .

Chris wink

That all sounds very interesting. I'm really not familiar with Steve Jansen at all (or David Sylvian/Japan for that matter... Everything & Nothing and Camphor are the only CDs of his that I own)

C
C
It seems that I didn't read Steve Malins' post of today. :rolleyes:

Yes I'm looking forward to the Guthrie and Jansen collaborations... and The Quiet Man which appears to be very intriguing. laugh

Chris wink

“…but the label has their own release schedule and logically they've decided to release a box set into the Christmas market”

Malins raises a fair point; 5 albums and a DVD for £20 is a bargain if you don't own them already. I couldn't get a round of drinks in London with £20! But then I live in the UK and £20+postage to the US is close to $40 which does seem quite a bit. I've ordered it for all the stupid reasons; cardboard box, postcards, completion etc - but that's my own decision.

It's an individual choice I guess.

On Monday I bought the recent Psychedelic Furs 5CD box-set
just for the extra tracks on the first three discs. The box itself is s**t. The cardboard wallets which house the CDs use the bad scans of the original US artwork (which for two of albums, first and third, were appalling rush-jobs in the first place) and the third, fourth and fifth discs are the same masters as the original 80s CDs. A botch job all round really. So you can see why in comparison Cinemascope which is priced reasonably similar seems like a bargain.

And of course the record label were going to issue it for Christmas – it’s the best time of year for this sort of thing for them – ultimately they are a business after all.

But as Steve Roby, Lele and others point out (and the Press Release from Malins subtly hints at) let’s have new material for 2009. And some news (if any) on a Foxx/Gordon release.

I have all the CD and DVD stuff this package includes - so I order no copy. But 20 Pounds - this is a must have if you miss only one of these stuff...

I have to say: I'm really looking forward to the Robin Guthrie and Steve Janssen collaborations. These albums will give us really new music - which will be different to all John had released before. Cannot wait... wink

Heck I'm out for a day then come home to this! Will be pre-ordering as I only have one of these discs and I wanted FT and CO DVD for Xmas anyway. smile

I have all but the DVD, so I'll pass on this one. Looks like a great buy though - amazing value, if you don't already own them.

I notice Garry's had nothing to do with compiling this set, as it only contains six disc's. smile

I was waiting for a DVD of TCM to come out, as YouTube just isn't enough for me. I can catch a flavour but will never be absorbed. Hopefully it can come to Asia next year? So, not having TCM in any form, and not having the CO DVD, I placed an order. I don;t have to pay VAT being outside the UK, and postage was 3.50, so I ended up paying just 20.80 to get it to Japan - not bad.

I actually tried to seek out TCM at the local HMV's. I was horrified to find that there wasn't even a "John Foxx" section! Not one CD. Needless to say the CO DVD didn't fill the shelves either.

Yes, I know I can get on Townsend (whichI did eventually), or any of the online shops, but I LOVE browsing record shops (until yesterday). I guess I should head back to Vinyl Japan, the guys who hosted the recent dates here - they had a mountain of "New Kind of Man" CD's when I bought my tickets.

Oh well, a few "extra" discs that aren't needed!

I live in the UK and my local HMV doesn't even have a John Foxx section!!

Well, it had one briefly for a week when Glimmer came out...

Regarding a Tiny Colour Movies DVD - as far as we know there isn't going to be one, due to copyright issues with some of the films. At least we can watch them on YouTube.

Page 4 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.