Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
I wonder if John would consider a collaboration with Desiree Palmen...? cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
have you heard this ? kinda reminds me of cathedral oceans in a way...

laugh Ha! It's Cathedral Oceans junior!

I once slowed down and reversed a Pat Boone song then fed it through a filter, which produced a very interesting effect. Unfortunately, for copyright reasons I can't upload it to my website, not that even the most dedicated Pat Boone fan (there are apparently some still alive, including my parents) would recognise it as him!

ΤΏΤ

OK, just checked and discovered I didn't slow it down, just reversed it anf filtered it and added a few filtered drum sounds. It was just for a bit of fun so I've now uploaded it to my site. I'll risk being sued by Pat Boone (is he even still alive?).

Here it is, it's called The Electric Spoon Merchant. Just keep clicking the fast forward button until the title appears in the embedded media player then click 'play'.

http://daveshedman.multiply.com/music/item/13

ΤΏΤ

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by psychocandy:
Finally got around to listening to this, thanks for posting!

So far I've had the good fortune to only have to see Justin Bieber's vividly cherub features plastered all over the internet and not to have to hear him, but if this is what he sounds like then I'm now his number one fan

laugh :p eek

I love it, totally hooked big time. It really would be at home with some of my other CD's, move over Stars Of The Lid, and Basinski, there's a new kid on the block laugh

I see the future now,

Foxx and Bieber, the new Foxx and Louis eek

I just can't look at the guy, brings back too many horrific memories of little Jimmy Osmond! I may have to call my therapist. eek

ΤΏΤ

Quote:
Originally posted by psychocandy:
Totally bizarre - good find! smile

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Stringy Bob:
I just can't look at the guy, brings back too many horrific memories of little Jimmy Osmond! I may have to call my therapist. eek

ΤΏΤ
Yep, proof of reincarnation if ever we needed it!

no hang on a mo, poor Jimmy is still alive, I just checked, and Jimmy is playing Buttons in Cinderella this coming christmas at the White Rock Theatre Hastings! so Beiber must be the result of cloning, or repurposing as John might say wink

F
F
Great find, and fun software too!
Unless you want that seaside experience stay clear of tunes with beats wink
Most piano music works great though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.