Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#3204 03/16/09 09:20 PM
Hi all,

jus checked out the discography.... my word - he has been a busy boy,hasn't he??

I certainly have some catching up to do.
Any suggestions where to start?

Also, please tell me that the early vinyl is now worth a fortune..... smile

#3205 03/16/09 09:39 PM
The Archive
The Archive
Hi there Sally - Welcome to The Forum... laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Sally:
jus checked out the discography.... my word - he has been a busy boy, hasn't he??
The recent burst of activity has actually meant that I've still got a few things to add to the Discography ...

Quote:
I certainly have some catching up to do.
Any suggestions where to start?
A good place would be the recently released Cinemascope box set as it includes five CDs and a DVD. Excellent value... wink

Rob

#3206 03/17/09 09:14 PM
Hi Paul and Sally welcome to the forum. It's nice to have another female member on the site on what is basically a male dominated site.

Sally I'm guessing you've got an awful long way to catch up.

Peter

#3207 03/18/09 01:42 PM
C
C
Quote:
Riding the bus to work last week, I heard the first two notes of a song I've since forgotten, but thought at the time; " Oh my God... that's The Garden!"
…what I had heard definitely turned out NOT to be The Garden, but it sparked off a few memories...

it's fantastic to know that there are still people out there keeping the flame alive..
Hi Sally, welcome to the forum smile
There’s always something in the ether just waiting to take you back to a previous love, even by default! and what’s fantastic about John’s work is that he’s both drawing on the past and also still moving forward, and I’m sure that like a lot of forum members here I spent a long period of time in the past vainly checking out the ‘F’ section in the music store racks in some quiet hope, fortunately the flame was just waiting to be rekindled.

Rob’s suggestion about the Cinemascope box set is certainly a good idea, but personally I think you should treat yourself to The Garden 08 2CD Remaster, and the very recent My Lost City, they would make good companions.

#3208 03/18/09 03:01 PM
Try 'Impossible' too which gives you a ood idea of the scope of John's work with Louis Gordon, or even the live 'Neuro Video'.

#3209 06/17/09 11:08 PM
OP Offline
83 it is!

Hello Sally. Good to read your experience. I knew a lovely girl back in Liverpool called Alice who adored John. Where is she now Hopefully listening to the same radio!

I told John I was at that gig when I met him and the poor man was clearly embarrassed. Bless. Thanks for all kind words about my Myspace. Hey - where does everyone else keep their sonic tributes to John?

I got a really nice comment from Louis recently too. Wow. x

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.