Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#32030 09/14/07 07:33 AM
N
OP Offline
N
What are classed as rarities for collectors of John Foxx?

#32031 09/14/07 08:40 AM
C
C
John brushing his teeth to the tune of 'Underpass' (Yellow Vinyl - Virgin Cat No. 230!!) laugh
Cheers

#32032 09/14/07 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig:
John brushing his teeth to the tune of 'Underpass' (Yellow Vinyl - Virgin Cat No. 230!!) laugh
Cheers
LOL!

His cover version of 'Shaddup Your Face (My Face)' Italian re-mix on green flexi-disc with 32 page booklet.

laugh

But seriously folks - It may be 'A New Kind Of Man' (Alternative Mix) / 'Metal Beat' - 7", VS303

Nap-ster, see the 'Obscurities Detail requested' thread elsewhere on this forum for more discussion on the rarities.

#32033 09/14/07 11:38 AM
N
OP Offline
N
Aha yes, look and ye shall learn.

Sorry for the double question but the toothpaste gag was worth the question alone.

#32034 09/14/07 11:51 AM
It's hard to judge what is a rarity. There are the normal general release vinyls and CD's that are available.

Then there are the boots and rare tracks CD's that are publicly not available but with it so easy to copy CD's I guess most JF fans already have these.

I guess the rarest items are the two original Exotour CD's both limited editions only available at concerts. I know 500 were pressed of one and 1000 of the other. As I don't own these I'm not sure which is which.

I guess one of the rarest vinyls is Ultravox's The Man who Dies Every Day, German remix.

John brushing his teeth and singing Underpass at the same time that I'd love to hear LOL laugh laugh Good one Craig

Peter

#32035 09/14/07 01:08 PM
Administrator
Administrator
I would add that among the rarest tracks offically 'released' by John Foxx are

The Quiet Man 3 and The Quiet Man 4

which to date are still only available on the on the Touch Meridians cassettes...?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#32036 09/14/07 01:47 PM
Would 'Modern Love' also count? It's only available (as far as I know) on the B-Side of the 'Quirks' 7-inch single, which was only available in a limited number with the original vinyl pressing of 'Ha!-Ha!-Ha!'

#32037 09/14/07 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by metal beat:
It's hard to judge what is a rarity. There are the normal general release vinyls and CD's that are available.

Then there are the boots and rare tracks CD's that are publicly not available but with it so easy to copy CD's I guess most JF fans already have these.
Thats a good point, theres very different types of rarities.

The third IMO are 'white labels', test pressings, and promos.

The fourth is items given by the artist such as signed programmes etc.

Then theres items from within the industry which fans dont get (most times).

#32038 09/16/07 08:06 AM
C
C
Fusion/Fission LP. Basically Metamatic with this title instead.

Another last minute change by John. laugh

Chris wink

#32039 09/16/07 10:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
[b]Fusion/Fission LP. Basically Metamatic with this title instead.[/b]
did a real album with that title printed on its cover actually ever existed ? :-o

however ... the original version of john's track "quiet splendour" , which was only on that projekt compilation-album is also some kind of rarity , i think !?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.