Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#31548 08/20/10 06:27 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Currently in HMV and JF is playing. Not sure the compilation but so fzr had Plaza, No Onr Driving, Underpass.

#31549 08/20/10 07:00 PM
T
T
Cool. More evidence that John's profile now is at its highest since his early eighties chart days.

It sounds like the Glimmer 'Best Of' compilation that is playing. Those tracks are 2, 3 and 4 on Disc 1, in that order.

#31550 08/20/10 07:54 PM
Administrator
Administrator
HMV are the most Foxx-friendly of all music retailers, and have been loyal advocates for years

Good news indeed

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#31551 08/21/10 10:13 PM
C
C
I'd be stunned if I were in HMV and that happened, its good though.

I was in FOPP this week, still plenty of FOXX on offer, and they've even got The Quiet Man, though I was thinking what would happen if someone who hadn't listened to John since the '80's bought it expecting to hear some musically obvious continuation of those old albums...

#31552 08/22/10 08:25 PM
There was a very good selection in HMV Liverpool ONE when I was in there last.

Don't know why I look! I've got everything that's out -maybe I think John'll sneak out a CD without my knowledge!! wink

#31553 08/22/10 08:25 PM
N
OP Offline
N
Top marks to The Quiet Trees, the next (and final track played) was Quiet City. Talking to HMV staff they are pushing electro at present.

Hoping for a bit of Foxx action at some club nights this weekend, Bedsitland in Islington has in the past played up to 3 tracks in one night, normally has one but I missed it. But got taken to Spellbound in Brighton which projected the Underpass single cover as part of a sequence of classic 80's singles.

#31554 08/30/10 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ion-ah:
There was a very good selection in HMV Liverpool ONE when I was in there last.

Don't know why I look! I've got everything that's out -maybe I think John'll sneak out a CD without my knowledge!! wink
I remember stumbling across 'Shifting City' in HMV years ago, and not quite believing what I was seeing as John had seemed to have vanished completely.

Surprises were a shade more likely in the old pre-internet days!

#31555 11/04/10 11:45 PM
Administrator
Administrator
A new Foxx 'record'

HMV Southampton today had no less than TWELVE Different John Foxx albums in stock

The Complete Cathedral Oceans | D.N.A. | The Quiet Man | Mirrorball | Metatronic | Glimmer | Modern Art | Metamatic | The Garden | The Golden Section | The Pleasures of Electricity | Shifting City

Anybody would think he was a major force in contemporary music laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#31556 11/04/10 11:51 PM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
A new Foxx 'record'

HMV Southampton today had no less than [b]TWELVE
Different John Foxx albums in stock

The Complete Cathedral Oceans | D.N.A. | The Quiet Man | Mirrorball | Metatronic | Glimmer | Modern Art | Metamatic | The Garden | The Golden Section | The Pleasures of Electricity | Shifting City

Anybody would think he was a major force in contemporary music laugh [/b]
This is really good to hear... laugh

Rob

#31557 11/26/10 10:31 AM
H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
A new Foxx 'record'

HMV Southampton today had no less than [b]TWELVE
Different John Foxx albums in stock

Anybody would think he was a major force in contemporary music laugh [/b]
Very similar in the Leeds HMV at present, which is remarkable considering that the CD racks thse days only occupy half of shopfloor size they were last year and the majority of the store is full of computer games and DVDs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.