Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quote:
Originally posted by Your Shadow:
Originally posted by MintyTux:

It is the album version.

To call it the Zeus B Held remix he must have done some minor tinkering with it. Not that you would notice.
I have the Your Dress 12" and it doesn't say it was remixed....it is the album version.

Quote:

It is the album version.

To call it the Zeus B Held remix he must have done some minor tinkering with it. Not that you would notice.
Where is all this remix information taken from? Is it the labels of the 12” to Your Dress?

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=135571

It also says that The Garden was published in 1983 by Island and we know that’s not true.

If the information regarding a Zeus B Held remix is just taken at face value from the record labels – then the chances are it’s just someone was very sloppy at the printers – and that there’s no remix.

H
H
Quote:

It is the album version.

It is indeed a very subtle remix. The only change Zeus B Held made was to replace the starling you hear chirping at 00.05 with a chaffinch after the starling's agent demanded additional royalties.

Quote:
Originally posted by Herbert the turbot:
Quote:
[b] Originally posted by MintyTux:

It is the album version.

It is indeed a very subtle remix. The only change Zeus B Held made was to replace the starling you hear chirping at 00.05 with a chaffinch after the starling's agent demanded additional royalties. [/b]
laugh

Blimey! If that's true, Cathedral Oceans must of cost millions to make!

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
[b] Originally posted by MintyTux:

It is the album version.

Where is all this remix information taken from? Is it the labels of the 12” to Your Dress?

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=135571

It also says that The Garden was published in 1983 by Island and we know that’s not true.

If the information regarding a Zeus B Held remix is just taken at face value from the record labels – then the chances are it’s just someone was very sloppy at the printers – and that there’s no remix. [/b]
It was never called a remix, just sloppiness by the record label in naming Zeus as co-producer, it is the album version, so let's have no more silly talk of a remix please.....I thank you.

You have been a wonderful audience ... please don't forget to tip the waitress laugh

I just looked up "metadelic".
There is an artist on myspace with that name.
All the tracks sound the same. I mean exactly the same.. *aaargh!*

T
T
Considering the generous expanded releases of his 80's albums, I doubt he has enough material left to release a compilation of never released material. Thus, the only tracks I don't have in digital format are the 12" version of "A Kind of Wave" and the 7" version of "Like a Miracle" - unless the latter is the DJ Edit on Modern Art. Any leads?

Last edited by Telekon; 03/05/13 03:45 PM.
The Archive
The Archive
Speaking of Metadelic... here's an exclusive first look at the front cover artwork...

Metadelic will be similar in format to Metatronic in that it will contain two CDs and a DVD. It's currently scheduled for release during April.
The full track-listing will be announced shortly.

Rob

Very good news!

I'm not overly keen on the cover design.

I'm interested in and hoping that a few unrealeased tracks will be included, then it'll be worthwhile purchasing. I'm gonna guess the DVD is the Virgin era tape.

Peter

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.