Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I have just uploaded to my Myspace page a brand new track which has the same title as one of John's tracks. It is called "Car Crash Flashback" and is NOT a cover version it is my own song and has a very distinctive John Foxx feel to it.

Some of you may know I am currently recording an album of my own songs influenced by john's album "Metamatic" which is called "The Grey Room". I have 4 songs off that album on my Myspace player ("The Grey Room", "I Once Was A Machine", "A Million Stars" and of course "Car Crash Flashback".

At this stage the song is "Work in progress"!

The lyrics are very "John Foxx" to and I do feel that this is as close to a John foxx type of song i could get.

I really would like some feedback on this one guys which will help in the development of the song.

Here is the link to my Myspace page on which you can hear the new demo and the other tracks off "The Grey Room".

Gary Hunter Myspace Page

Thanks

Gary

Hi Gary.............really enjoying your 'Foxx inspired' stuff, including a previous track you previewed, 'Glimmer Man' which I hope is still part of this project. At times I break out into a grin when listerning to this stuff as it is hard to believe it is not some previously unreleased track from the Metamatic era. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the finished project.

OP Offline
Thank you for listening to the track I really appreciate and your comments have made my day! "The Glimmer Man" will be on the album to.

Gary

Quote:
Originally posted by Monkey Jive:
Hi Gary.............really enjoying your 'Foxx inspired' stuff, including a previous track you previewed, 'Glimmer Man' which I hope is still part of this project. At times I break out into a grin when listerning to this stuff as it is hard to believe it is not some previously unreleased track from the Metamatic era. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the finished project.

My pleasure Gary. I look forward to the completed project.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.