Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#30915 07/27/09 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gem:
This was a fantastic event - John was on great form and seemed to be enjoying himself, which is always good to see. There was a really nice, supportive atmosphere, increased by Mark Gatiss' lovely, touching introduction smile . It was also great to chat to Rob, Dave, Peter and Gary! Thanks for the pics!

So sorry you couldn't make it, Brian - I wondered where you'd got to, as I thought you'd said you were planning to come frown . What a shame. I hope everyone who's going to DNA tomorrow (and during the course of the week) has a great time - from what John was saying, it sounds like it's going to be amazing!
Gem I got caught in static traffic on the M6.With hindsight it was the main Friday when people were travelling for their holidays so I should have added an extra 3 hours to the padding of my journey time but then again no one could have really predicted being stuck in the same place for 4.5 hours.

For Today's visit I am leaving very shortly.

#30916 07/27/09 09:59 AM
Thanks everyone for their comments about the Apple store. Some positive reviews. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Shame you couldn't make it Brian. Thank you for keeping informed about your "non" progress down the M6.
It was also nice to see some familiar faces again.
Peter

#30917 07/27/09 10:47 AM
I got hold of THe Swimmer after seeing the Quiet Man in Leeds last year.

A great film. Watching it with John in mind made it all the more interesting.

#30918 07/27/09 03:49 PM
Thanks for the tip off about John's appreciation of The Swimmer, which I'd never heard of or seen but thought about the four 'Swimmer' tracks and after finding a clip I came up with this for 'Swimmer IV' ..

youtube link

#30919 07/27/09 05:45 PM
G
Gem Offline
G
Thanks for that summary, Gaz - I'm glad you recapped the Q&A session so thoroughly, as a few of the questions were completely inaudible from where I was sitting!

I hope you managed to get there on time today, Brian...

#30920 07/29/09 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Gem:
Thanks for that summary, Gaz - I'm glad you recapped the Q&A session so thoroughly, as a few of the questions were completely inaudible from where I was sitting!
Cheers Gem - really good to meet you!

#30921 07/30/09 10:40 PM
I was there, standing at the back.

Sent some pictures to Rob Harris too. He was great, wasn't he.

Shook his hand, got a brilliant close up picture and had no idea what to say to him, as usual. Too worried to say the wrong thing!

Got the Horse Hospital all to myself today. A Gary Numan OsCar, the big brother to my EDP Wasp. Well well. Try and make it tomorrow and give John a graphic comic called MISTER X from Vortex from the 90's. Kinda Neil Gaiman art deco world. Anyone know it? smile

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.