Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#30842 07/12/09 03:09 PM
C
Chris C Offline OP
OP Offline
C
When The Golden Section Tour + The Omnidelic Exotour was released some time ago I only wished the full concert of The Golden Section Tour would have been released instead.

I'm sure that the one we all want released is the one that has appeared in bootlegs and is by far one of John's best concerts ever. His farewell concert of the Tour. Was this The Dominion one? The full version must be fantastic to have, all remastered. cool

There's still a chance for this to be included on In the Glow, the working title of a CD to include further material from the 1983 tour.

Keeping our fingers crossed...

Chris wink

#30843 07/12/09 04:28 PM
I'm so excited at the thought of this! I'm also hoping that it will be the full concert as well ...with added DVD!!! wink Maybe that's asking too much. But one can dream ..... smile

#30844 07/12/09 04:29 PM
I knew about this album, as in the possibility of the material available. In fact i remember trying to promote this idea for a while. Pleased to see its about to be realised. smile

#30845 07/12/09 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ion-ah:
I'm so excited at the thought of this! I'm also hoping that it will be the full concert as well ...with added DVD!!! wink Maybe that's asking too much. But one can dream ..... smile
You are not the only dreamer... :rolleyes: wink

One copy for me, please!!!!!

#30846 07/12/09 06:31 PM
Administrator
Administrator
It will never be as good as actually being there though... wink

"In the Glow" is fairly common knowledge,and we've had a good taster of it with The Golden Section CD2.

Bring it on...! laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#30847 07/13/09 11:01 AM
Apart from loving TGS; I love the 'The Omnidelic Exotour' as well.
In fact, I've been listening to it more often than the first cd! (it's got a funky vibe that's really addicting)
:rolleyes:

#30848 07/13/09 11:59 AM
H
H
As one who's always thought of the 1981-83 period of John's career as his most artistically successful, I have long been fascinated about the mythical "In The Glow" album that John claimed to be working on circa 1982 after the release of the "psychedelic" first "Endlessly" single, so this is fascinating news.

However as Rob has pointed out several times on this forum ( and will probably be along shortly to do so again), there never was an "In The Glow" album and many of the tracks from this era have already been released in the form of extra tracks on the double pack singles released in 1983 and 1985. Hence I suspect that "In The Glow" as it will eventually appear will be various unreleased tracks and live versions from that era rather than a collection of songs planned as an album, if you get my drift.

Looking forward to it!

#30849 07/13/09 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
"In the Glow" is fairly common knowledge,and we've had a good taster of it with The Golden Section CD2.
Martin, Herbert is right. Most or all the original 'In The Glow'
that can be released, has been.
The tracks im referring to, was the idea of promoting a live material release of
'The Golden Section Tour '83'. It has since been re-titled 'In The Glow'.

#30850 07/13/09 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
It will never be as good as actually being there though... wink

Bring it on...! laugh
I don't think Birdsong misunderstood what he was saying in this quote, it's just that he brought up three issues at the same time. Firstly, the live concert that he attended. Secondly, the In The Glow album that never fully existed. And third, The Golden Section cd 2.

#30851 07/13/09 12:53 PM
Looking again, i think your right M. And it dont help when albums get called names, usually known for other albums, or songs. 'Glimmer', 'Metal Beat', 'The Hidden Man' etc. eek

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.