Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30789 05/13/09 11:43 AM
Nisei Offline OP
OP Offline
First of all; I've changed my name to a nickname. It could be confusing having 2 John Barkers on the forum and because John Wesley is the one mentioned on the Metamatic credits I thought it would be best to change my name.

Anyway,
I remember talking to Rob about a remix/sample from Underpass years ago. I discovered it while listening to the DJ Tiesto CD Magik 3. I can't find anything about it here on the forum so perhaps some of you still don't know it exists.
The track is called 'Wings of Love" by Scoop.
It's funny that the credits say: Written and composed by D. Leigh while on the Metamatic album itself the name John Foxx is used.
For anyone interested;
Magik three - Far From Earth
Black Hole recordings, the Netherlands
Black Hole CD 04

#30790 05/13/09 07:11 PM
Administrator
Administrator
I enjoy this kind of thing very much, and this is no exception, although its less original than some other interpretations

I listened to it here:

http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/magik-3-wings-of-love-original-club-mix-scoop/15098486

Thanks for posting smile

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#30791 05/13/09 08:39 PM
Nisei Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey thanks for the link. It could save others some time searching for it.
It's indeed not original at all, merely a long sample. I'd just thought some people might like to hear/buy it to make their collection complete smile

#30792 05/13/09 08:48 PM
Administrator
Administrator
That includes me then!

Thanks for it - trés enjoyable cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.