Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#30775 04/26/09 03:37 AM
OP Offline
When all the collaborative works were first announced, one of the names touted was Bill Nelson.

While we've seen the fruits of the efforts with Janson, Guthrie, etc. come out, there's still no sign of anything involving Nelson on the horizon.

Does anyone know what the status of this is? Is it still on the cards or has it been shelved?

#30776 04/27/09 05:17 PM
T
T
I spoke to Bill about his possible collaboration with John (Harold Budd was also expected to be part of the equation) and he told me that they had been exchanging e-mails and that they should start work 'within the next few months'. That was in 2005 and it still hasn't happened.

Given that Bill's almost continual solo recording in his spare bedroom home studio always takes priority, and because he is far from being the most democratic of creative people, you have to fear that this mouth-watering collaboration will never get beyond the realm of what could have been. frown

#30777 04/28/09 11:08 AM
OP Offline
Oh well, that's rather unfortunate. I was really looking forward to seeing the outcome.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.