Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#30700 03/21/09 06:35 PM
I think Ive lost my way !

#30701 03/21/09 08:29 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
I do hope we get a proper set of songs out of this, rather than loads of white noise, bleeps and knob-twiddling.
Sometimes it’s refreshing not having all the dots joined up, but I suppose that I’d also rather a more melodic and less abstract soundscape materialized from any possible output, it would be a shame to completely submerge John’s song writing skills, although It could turn out to be a very promising meeting of minds, can you imagine an album of tracks expanding on the raw bleep’s and twangs within Metamatic, or having the instrumental break in Metal Beat teased and twisted out into a whole album.

As a bonus its been interesting exploring the Expanding Records site, and listening to the work, (as a non musician myself) it's great to be reminded that there’s really a whole lot of productive people out there creatively working away as electronic sound artists, (as is also the same here with some of the forum members).

Not wanting to go completely off topic but I loved that track on the video page by Flotel: Up To The Ether, and the appropriated 60’s corporate film that accompanies it is fantastically ominous and stylish, now that’s a movie I really want to see more of!

#30702 03/29/09 08:54 AM
C
C
This is the sort of thing I would buy and naturally I've ordered a copy.

The picture of the Polymoog Keyboard looks beautiful. I wonder if John used the preset version or the non-preset version or both.

I'm not sure if I would cope with giant modulars. A simple and charming modular is the monophonic Korg MS-20, not sure if it's mentioned in Benge's release. IMHO, the Roland System 700 looks the smartest of all modulars.

Chris

#30703 04/15/09 03:51 PM
C
C
It's actually a Polymoog synthesizer. The album showcases interesting sounds from each of the 20 synths. I like the Moog Modular piece and the Polymoog piece of course.

The album is more a database of sounds rather than music. It's great to have for its excellent presentation and catalogue of sounds.

Chris wink

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.