Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
#30455 04/05/09 02:59 AM
c23 Offline
I just ordered my copy of Mirrorball today from Townsend, and got a free MP3 download of Estrellita. I must confess after several plays i quite agree with Gary. Gorgeous track! I am really taken with it. I keep playing it over and over. I cant wait for the CD.

#30456 04/07/09 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Video also up on JohnFoxxMetamatic youtube channel now too, ie. posted as JohnfoxxMetamatic but it\'s the same.

(don't worry if you see it upside down ... youtube april fool's thing :rolleyes: )
How delicious is this. Yes please can we have this a single.

#30457 04/14/09 09:51 AM
I'm sure Brian has already posted this somewhere but my 'tuesdayaftertheholidayandmybrainwon'tstart' mind can't find it (Sorry Brian!). The first 100 copies of Mirrorball will be signed by Foxx;

John Foxx & Robin Guthrie : "Mirrorball" on vinyl...

The John Foxx & Robin Guthrie album "Mirrorball" will also be
released on vinyl on May 4. The album will contain a print of the front cover
artwork.

The first 100 copies of the vinyl edition of "Mirrorball" ordered
through Hydrogen Dukebox will be signed by John Foxx.
Anyone who's ALREADY pre-ordered a copy through Townsend Records will also receive a signed copy.
Pre-order your copy on www.hydrogendukebox.com

Label : Hydrogen Dukebox Records
Catalogue Number : DUKE150DJV
Release Date For Vinyl and CD: 4th of May, 2009

#30458 04/14/09 10:09 AM
No worries Gary,

I posted over at EV before the forum took an Easter holiday.

#30459 04/14/09 06:00 PM
OP Offline
Ordered a copy. smile

#30460 04/17/09 09:00 PM
Just in from Townsend;

John Foxx and Robin Guthrie will be releasing a Heavyweight Vinyl LP edition of Mirrorball on May 4, the LP will be limited to only 1000 copies

#30461 04/24/09 03:30 PM
S
S
I just got an email from Townsend saying that if I order from them I'll receive an exclusive nine minute, extended version of the track 'Luminous' as an audio download next Friday - May 1.

I thought that if you ordered from them all that you got was Estrellita?

Does anyone know the playing time of the Luminous track on the album?

#30462 04/24/09 06:10 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Scott et al

The extended, download-only version of 'Luminous' is exclusive to Townsend Record online CD orders - it is not the same as the album version, and it is not (at least as far as I know) restricted to orders for the vinyl format cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#30463 04/25/09 04:37 PM
T
T
A guardedly positive three-star review of Mirrorball from David Buckley in the new Mojo:

'Two of pop's supreme 'sound engineers' record, with suitably outre results'

'After years of inactivity following his pioneering electronic solo albums, John Foxx now appears to have contracted the sort of musical dysentery release-mad Frank Zappa was prone to in the early 1980s. In fact, including collaborations, live work and compilations, Mirrorball, a joint effort with former Cocteau Twin Robin Guthrie, is Foxx's tenth album in four years. When is a lot of music too much music? Not yet, it would seem. Fusing the dreamy guitar pop of the Cocteaus with Foxx's choral washes, reminiscent of his Cathedral Oceans albums, Mirrorball, is a contemporary new-age album. Foxx's sonorous vocals (sung in an invented 'Italianese', an approach not dissimilar to that of Liz Fraser in the early Cocteaus) dominate the moodier passages, but it's the more conventional pop-orientated moments in Estrellita and the instrumental My Life As An Echo, that have the most musical personality.'

#30464 04/25/09 06:08 PM
Administrator
Administrator
GREAT

Thanks for posting this

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.