Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
#29628 10/19/08 10:10 AM
Thank you everyone for all your great reviews of the show, including all the links to photos & videos - especially thank you to Tokyohunter. laugh

I love the film footage that John has on the screen during his songs. laugh

Glad everyone enjoyed the show, would have loved to have been there. laugh

#29629 10/19/08 12:49 PM
F
F
So sorry if I'm being thick here -
but is Mr "Karborn" (John Leigh) actually John Foxx's (i.e. Dennis Leigh's) son?

Cos he *looks* like John Foxx Jnr!

And "Karborn" appears to be just his "stage name" (although maybe his mum *didn't* get to the hospital in time! smile

#29630 10/19/08 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
So sorry if I'm being thick here -
but is Mr "Karborn" (John Leigh) actually John Foxx's (i.e. Dennis Leigh's) son?

Yes. wink

#29631 10/19/08 12:53 PM
V
V
http://www.youtube.com/user/vs303
Enjoy laugh
More to follow!

#29632 10/19/08 01:00 PM
F
F
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow Man:
Quote:
[b] So sorry if I'm being thick here -

Yes. wink [/b]
Ah I see. Cool smile
(Also placates my "how did that young whippersnapper get to be in John Foxx's band!?" jealousy lol smile

#29633 10/19/08 01:09 PM
C
C
Quote:
Not wishing to go wildly off topic here folks, please excuse, but round the release of IMW in '85, John popped up on a local radio station in the Fylde area, and during the interview I'm sure I can remember him saying he had become a father with a little daughter, or maybe my brain just needs washing out eek

#29634 10/19/08 01:13 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
'Karborn' is the name John Leigh uses to produce his amazing digital art and VJ pieces.

http://www.karborn.com

He's a REALLY talented artist, and his stuff really hits a spot with me.

My understanding is that he wasn't playing anything at Cargo in the way of music, but instead mixing, live, two or three film pieces via an Apple ibook.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#29635 10/19/08 02:40 PM
F
F
I couldn't really see what John Lee was doing with his hands during the gig,
but when I took a look at his "rig" afterwards, he did have a MIDI keyboard, so surely he was playing something? You wouldn't need that for video...?
From his gestures during some songs, he also seemed to be doing stuff in-time-to-the-music more often than would be required for the video...
Dunno though!

#29636 10/19/08 03:58 PM
VJs use MIDI keyboards to control video clips, with clips mapped to keys in order to make composition on-the-fly simpler. Rather than having to select clips using a mouse which is too time-consuming for live shows, VJs can pull up clips in an instant when they are linked like this to a MIDI keyboard.

John Leigh's visuals were nice, but could perhaps have been more imaginative and varied.

Amazing gig. Fantastic.

mongrel

#29637 10/19/08 04:47 PM
Now, steady on, don't keel over, yes - I'm here again after a long absence!!!!

The gig was FANTASTIC!!!! It was so lovely to see all of you again. Peter, Andreas and Michaela spotted Mark and I as we were just about to have a nosey in the Yamaha bike shop on Shoreditch High Street a few hours before the gig! And it was nice to bump into Mr Church Puddle the morning after, as we were all making our way back to stations!

Had a nice little chat with John, Louis and John Leigh after the gig too.

For those who were there, it was a real treat, and for those who couldn't make it, it was a great shame for you frown

Next stop Leeds...I'm sure we'll all be entertained by Mr Foxx yet again, and I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

Take care all...

Sarah x laugh

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.