Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#29409 10/02/08 07:54 PM
D
Dan Offline OP
OP Offline
D
In November I will be lucky enough to be attending an annual event, which will be a first for me, the event in question is the “Nelsonica”, this is where fans of Bill Nelson get together each year at a venue, where we will get the chance to meet Bill Nelson, see him perform a solo gig & also with a band. It’s a chance to buy albums, t shirts, badges, posters, etc, etc, included in the price of the ticket, is a limited edition CD; understandably, I am looking forward to it. I know that John is not a full time artist, but I think that if it was possible to organise such an event with John, then it would prove to be immensely popular among fellow Foxx fans.

#29410 10/02/08 08:08 PM
A Foxxtival? I'm for it!

#29411 10/03/08 12:42 AM
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan:
I know that John is not a full time artist, but I think that if it was possible to organise such an event with John, then it would prove to be immensely popular among fellow Foxx fans.
We've kinda got that insomuch as in two weeks time (the 16th of October) John and Louis will be performing their one and only live show in the UK at Cargo in London.

I know that it's not the 'full' Nelsonica - but it's not that bad either... wink

Rob

#29412 10/03/08 01:10 AM
D
Dan Offline OP
OP Offline
D
Very sorry to say, but due to work I’m unable to attend the gig, I’m sure it will be a superb evening for all those going, if anyone shouts out “Vienna”, everybody retort “Shad up your face”, (ouch). My point was that at sometime a venue away from London for a change, if possible, where the music would be a side issue & John’s other projects such as the ongoing “Quiet Man” book, his artwork & so forth, could be combined with a social gathering for all fans to exchange merchandise etc, etc. Quite a few of these have taken place in separate occasions in the past in Fulham, Durham & Leed’s.
Easy for me to say, but I’m sure such an event would be a nightmare to arrange for all those concerned, but just a suggestion.

#29413 10/03/08 06:33 AM
M
M
I'm also going to Nelsonica. I've been to all but 2 of them. Always a great day & good to meet up with old friends & make new ones.

A Foxxtronica is a fantastic idea.

Can't make Cargo... frown

#29414 10/03/08 01:10 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
A Foxxtronica is a fantastic idea
Hmm, it’s an interesting suggestion, and certainly with TCM, CO, The Hidden Man, the Dennis Leigh book jacket covers, and everything else that’s still to come in future, there’s a wealth of material before we even get to the main bulk of the music!

I was a bit intrigued by Nelsonica myself last year, and did joke with an old friend that maybe we should go, though I’m not exactly someone who’d imagine attending a Convention, with a: ‘Hello my name is...’ sticker, and I did also jump ship with Bill after the great ‘Getting The Holy Ghost Across’ album, (sadly missed the re-issue on sold-out CD).
Ok, I realise that Bill is in a class of his own, and that Nelsonica is far less a convention and rather more a celebration of his ever evolving work, actually, I think I prefer the word ‘festival’, get some DJ’s, and live art smile

I’d love to hear what John would propose if he were to ever give it some serious thought, oh, and can we have it in Manchester please, and some place’s oversea’s for the international fans, and now I’m really asking the impossible.

#29415 10/03/08 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lele:
A Foxxtival? I'm for it!
Me too!

#29416 10/04/08 03:39 PM
T
T
It is a great idea. Perhaps we already have one though (in embryo form): the ICA extravaganza last year and the extended Cargo this year.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.