Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#27719 04/12/08 01:18 PM
newvox Offline OP
OP Offline
A while back we talked about 'avalibility' of John and Louis albums in the states etc.

Not the states but i found this to be interesting. HMV

#27720 04/12/08 06:09 PM
Administrator
Administrator
I've always found it curious that John should be so Big in Japan.

No reason why not of course, just an observation confused

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#27721 04/13/08 11:32 AM
Amazing, isn't it?

#27722 04/14/08 10:13 AM
P
P
I've been here seven years and have never stuggled to find any of Foxx's releases, as well as Numan's and several others'. So I see two possibilities. Either electronic music is well-loved in the country that gave the world perhaps its first electronic superstars in the form of YMO, or someone is going round all the CD shops ordering CDs by middle-aged Brits. smile

#27723 05/26/08 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
A while back we talked about 'avalibility' of John and Louis albums in the states etc.

I just looked at this tread. Thanks for the link. Its quite interesting.

I noticed the "English" link near the top so I clicked it hoping to read a translation only to find I had to search again. Glad I did.

Look at this . Their prices are reasonable (at least for me). And almost everything is in stock!

The customer ratings are interesting. 85 and over until you get to CO and TCM!

But what's the 12" Free Robot ?

#27724 05/26/08 01:18 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Interesting that this is still available.

"Free Robot" is a remix of 'She Robot' made by Metamatics and originally released as a single in September 2005 the same project that gaveus '4am on Spectre Canal'

It's available on CD as Duke 141CD '3 Jak and Dive' on Hydrogen Dukebox

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#27725 05/26/08 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:

"Free Robot" is a remix of 'She Robot' made by Metamatics and originally released as a single in September 2005 the same project that gave us '4am on Spectre Canal'

It's available on CD as Duke 141CD '3 Jak and Dive' on Hydrogen Dukebox
A remix, huh? Is it worth it?

#27726 05/26/08 03:06 PM
newvox Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Atom Man:
Quote:
[qb] A while back we talked about 'avalibility' of John and Louis albums in the states etc.

I just looked at this tread. Thanks for the link. Its quite interesting.

I noticed the "English" link near the top so I clicked it hoping to read a translation only to find I had to search again. Glad I did.

Look at this . Their prices are reasonable (at least for me). And almost everything is in stock!
Funny thing is, i found that original link by accident while trying to buy the latest version of Numans 'Skin Mechanic' dvd. Japan was almost the first country to have it in online stock.

#27727 05/26/08 03:30 PM
Quote:

Funny thing is, i found that original link by accident while trying to buy the latest version of Numans 'Skin Mechanic' dvd. Japan was almost the first country to have it in online stock.
There's definitely something curious going on in Japan.

Which makes me all the more interested in going to John's Tokyo concerts.

#27728 05/28/08 09:14 PM
T
T
I have in the past looked around record stores in Shibuya and Shinjuku (in Tokyo)and remember seeing J.F.cds on shelves and wondering how well-known he was in Japan.Japanese music fans are quite studious (is that a word?)... and tend to have a greater percentage of non-casual music listeners.
I picked up a leaflet in Tower Records in Shibuya for an electronic music night at a club with all the acts names on it, Numan, Human League,John Foxx etc
Maybe groups like Polysics have led some there to look at acts like Devo (their template) and then on to other acts who used synths from that era?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.