Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#27377 02/28/08 05:23 PM
T
T
Does anyone else think that the verses of 'In A Silent Way' sound like a Foxxian playground chant?

'Oi you lot, shut that row up! This is supposed to be a school for Quiet Kids!'. laugh

#27378 02/28/08 07:28 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by RobTim:
Didnt like either
I couldn't disagree more! laugh
What a fascinating place this forum is cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#27379 03/03/08 11:26 AM
D
D
The obvious solution is to have Underwater Dreamsex In A Silent Way. Then everybody's happy.

UD for me. Only song I've ever heard about meiosis.

#27380 03/07/08 07:16 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Thanks for your input everyone.

These two songs are emerging for me as the 'best ever' from John and Louis. Choosing between them was always going to be Impossible.

I shall henceforth not be trying. cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#27381 03/07/08 07:55 PM
H
H
Underwater Dreamsex I find rather underwhelming, a bit of an also-ran. I much prefer IASW as the song itself is a bit more imaginative and catchy. It's oddly reminiscent (to me at least) of late Ultravox. If you dirtied it up a bit, put it on a cassette and then told me it was a rediscovered Ultravox demo from late 1978 I'd probably believe you.

Whilst I am at it, I also reckon that Sideways is the best JF/LG album to date. "And the world..." is great and "Neuro Video" just awesome. I have always been a bit wary of the 'banging choons' side of Foxx's stuff so it's a great relief to me to see a return to good, strong song-writing.

#27382 03/08/08 11:35 AM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Halloway:
Underwater Dreamsex I find rather underwhelming, a bit of an also-ran. I much prefer IASW as the song itself is a bit more imaginative and catchy. It's oddly reminiscent (to me at least) of late Ultravox. If you dirtied it up a bit, put it on a cassette and then told me it was a rediscovered Ultravox demo from late 1978 I'd probably believe you.

Whilst I am at it, I also reckon that Sideways is the best JF/LG album to date. "And the world..." is great and "Neuro Video" just awesome. I have always been a bit wary of the 'banging choons' side of Foxx's stuff so it's a great relief to me to see a return to good, strong song-writing.

#27383 03/08/08 11:36 AM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Halloway:

Apart from the Underwater bits, I agree totally with this and you've summed up exactly what I've been trying to think of for a while. laugh

#27384 03/13/08 04:39 PM
Of course none of them are as good as 'We're Always Making Movies in A Silent Way called "Underwater Dreamsex"'* - now that's a bangin choon! wink

*The title and music itself was shortened to a new track called 'Repurposing'

#27385 03/13/08 10:21 PM
M
M
I'd really like to tell you which track I prefer out of 'Underwater Dreamsex' & 'In A Silent Way', Martin. But I can't find my copy of the "Drive ep'. Isn't it typical that the only John Foxx disc that has gone awol is a rare one. :rolleyes:

#27386 03/13/08 10:33 PM
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
I'd really like to tell you which track I prefer out of 'Underwater Dreamsex' & 'In A Silent Way', Martin. But I can't find my copy of the "Drive ep'. Isn't it typical that the only John Foxx disc that has gone awol is a rare one. :rolleyes:
Well if my dad had the great taste you have when I was a teenager Mark, I would have been pinching from his record collection all the time... laugh wink

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.