Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
C
C
Quote:
Notepad?
I used to dream of working in Notepad...
Who'da thought twenty year ago, that we'd sitting round 'ere making websites in 'Indesign' - I remember working 28hrs a day in front of cardboard box, with wooden blocks for keyboards and a spike for a mouse, and my boss you'd to whip me until I cried - and that were if I got it right!!
Cheers

L
L
Ha - luxury! There were 150 of us working on a notepad in the middle of the M1; we'd get up fifteen hours before went to bed, would turn on our PCs before we'd cleaned our teeth - with coal by the way - work 36 hour day in front of the screen, toiling over things that people wouldn't understand for less pay than the average postal worker, and then go home, collapse, where Father would cut our muffins and eat them before our eyes with Earl Grey, while jumping up and down on a spike singing 'bloody hallelujah'...

And you tell that to the kids today, etc.

wink

LG
x

InDesign for me! Your site looks great Alex.......... wink

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks smile

I've repaired the glitch on the news page now.

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Done a few more updates... mainly the news page and extended reviews of Metamatic, The Garden, Shifting City and TPOE.

Due to helping my neighbour out with his new adorable kitten, I didn't get the updates I had hoped to do this weekend.

So hopefully coming soon:

- Quiet City's 1st Birthday: Foxx fans share their memories
- Metamatic 2007 tour reviews and photos (which you'll all have seen on here anyway!)
- more revised album reviews

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
More site updates...

Okay! Done a bit more wink

I have revised/extended the reviews for Metamatic, The Garden, The Golden Section, Shifting City, The Pleasures of Electricity and Sideways. More to come soon (hopefully!). It's hard to avoid bias in writing reviews... obviously I AM biased! But anyway trying to remain critical yet maintain an overall positive and informative light.

Golden Moments
Thanks to everyone who has sent me things to include - some of your stories are now online.

Anybody who wishes to write something for the "Golden Moments" page, please do get in touch, and I'll add it to the page. If I get a lot more content, I'll probably re-design or index that page (as well as re-write my lousy intro!).

The next thing I'm hoping to do is upload photographs and reviews from the Metamatic shows....

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
I also updated the news page with a bit of info on Tiny Colour Movies in Leeds and a link to the Townsend Records Foxx page, so people can buy John's CDs at a sensible price!

That's quite an interesting reason to put down Alex as I've always found Amazon a slightly more sensible price on all releases than Townsend Records, plus they have a wider choice. But, hey-ho...

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
It's not my intention to tell people where to buy John's music – otherise I'd have to start listing hmv.co.uk, amazon, music-non-stop etc.

Townsend seems to be the obvious choice for the moment anyway, since they have their dedicated page for John's music.

Ok, I kind of agree, but I thought your site was to chronicle John's work and provide an interesting and accurate source of information for other fans. If it's not your intention to tell people where to go to buy the music, why pick Townsend out specifically - why not put all the other sites you've mentioned with the appropriate links so that people can make their own choice?

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.