Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
OP Offline
T
Does anyone know if there has been any sheet music produced of Metamatic or The Garden?
Or even any midi files to use as a starting point for doing cover versions?

Hi!

I'm not aware of any, although the very same question has crossed my mind.

I've just had to listen and play along - and hope for the best! laugh

Does anyone know otherwise?

Sarah laugh

Theres no sheet music or web page as far as i know either, but some of the latest Yamaha keyboards come with cd rom software, that states 'you can download midi files of any song on the internet'. You then USB the PC to the Yamaha, and the notes appear on its display. Not tried it myself.

Searching through the 'net I have found MIDI files for:

He's A Liquid
Metal Beat
No-one Driving
Touch and Go
Systems Of Romance

If you're on Facebook, go to the group
'Metamatic - the music of John Foxx', find my profile and scroll to the 'Audibie' section, you'll be able to play my efforts. I've used a Roland V-Synth and Yamaha XG for most of the GM patches and replaced the drum sections entirely with my real CR-78 playing the original patterns synced up via an interface to my sequencer. I think they sound fairly good now!

I'm also happy to send you the unaltered MIDI files if you want to play with them yourselves.

Cheers,

Dave.

Hi Dave, I've now joined FaceBook, and I think I've found you, but can't access your profile. Is there anything specific I need to do? Is there a wait-period?

T
OP Offline
T
Hi Dave!
I'm not on Facebook.Is it possible to get unaltered midi files emailed to me?
Is there also a way to hear your versions too?

Ivor, I think you'll have to add me as a friend in order to see my profile, I sometimes forget that's how Facebook works smile

I will try to work out a more public way to share my music files.

Tokyohunter, I will zip up the MIDI files and get them to you.

Cheers,

Dave.

T
OP Offline
T
Hi Dave!
Have you had a chance to zip those files yet?

I tried to mail them to you, but the board says "This user has chosen to keep his or her email address private. You may mail this member using the message area below. Please note that this will allow this user to see your email address."
- and it doesn't allow attachments.
So send me an ordinary email to rsdave(at)gmail.com and I'll then reply with the MIDI files.

Cheers,

Dave.

H
H
If anyone wants particular songs transcribing into words/chords then I am happy to oblige. Then at least you can strum your guitar and singalong. (In fact so many songs on Metamatic are in E minor, I wonder whether a lot of it wasn't written on guitar.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.