Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#25622 09/30/07 11:05 PM
S
S
Post deleted (by user)

#25623 10/01/07 12:20 AM
Now here is the perspevtive!!

You say that anyone who disagrees with you is just not listening but then you claim to be 'objective'

Surely the fact that I can AUDIBLY hear a difference between the old Edsel release and the new,so-called,Re-master means that,as far as I'm concearned,it is a remaster....

It's not a case of the town out to kill the wolf,but more a case of the innocent out to defeat the guilty.

Point of FACT!!.
This has been marketed as a "Re-master", if you can PROVE it is NOT then PROVE it!!

Otherwise,shut up!!,sell your copy on e-bay if your not happy with it.I really couldn't care because I love the RE-MASTER laugh

#25624 10/01/07 09:12 AM
Should we be expecting an 'official' response to the questions raised in this thread?

#25625 10/01/07 09:27 AM
C
C
The CD is a remaster. I know the vinyl record off by heart and notice instantaneously that the sound is much crispier. You don't have to be a techie to notice that. The clue is in the percussion. They do stand out on CD.

The Metamatic 2CD is a success. It may not have been the biggest selling of its genre but regarded by its peers as the definitive synth album. John makes it into a work of art. That's the difference.

The album and extra tracks are well recorded and produced. When you have a line-up of John Foxx, John Barker (orchestral arrangements for Heaven 17) and Gareth Jones (Depeche Mode fame) what can go wrong.

I'm VERY HAPPY with the deluxe edition of Metamatic.

Chris wink

#25626 10/01/07 09:38 AM
F
F
Look people, this really is a load of trolling balls, to be blunt.

You don't come on the Internet making potenitally libellous statements about someone's release like that unless you can prove what you say.
As I mentioned, the very easy way to prove that the new 2007 CD is the same as the Edsel CD is to rip a WAV off each, invert the phase of one, put them both in an audio editor and see if they cancel to zero or not.
If this guy wasn't a spouting mentalist he would've done that first before he went near the Interweb spouting his claims.
Even if he was correct, publically accusing someone of false advertising simply by posting an unsubstantiated claim on a message board, without presenting the evidence, is brainwrong, particularly if he really does claim to be a 'professional' mastering engineer - he could have his 'ass' litigated out of the business.

The fact that he's done things this way means either too things:
( a ) - he's a stupid eejit
( b ) - he's just another of the Interweb's many lying trolls, whose real name is probably Darren and he's either a 17 year old high school student from Michigan, or a 41 year old assistent bank clerk from Hemel Hempstead who last had a girlfriend in 1997.

NEXT!

#25627 10/01/07 09:41 AM
real hard to resist temptation to post thoughts...>

#25628 10/01/07 10:10 AM
S
S
Might I suggest Feline actually read the thread in detail and follow any links. Mindless cat cattle just searching for a reason to scratch...

Hell with it, I'm outta here. This brief experience has been all so..., typical. Have fun tearing each other apart.

#25629 10/01/07 11:29 AM
F
F
I suggested you put up or shut up.
It seems you'll be doing the latter.
Be seeing you. :rolleyes:

#25630 10/01/07 12:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by MikeG:
Should we be expecting an 'official' response to the questions raised in this thread?
yeah ... i really hope so , as it would sicken me beyond belief to even dare to think that when i bought the new version of "metamatic" , which was CLEARLY ADVERTISED as a REMASTER , it's actually not a remaster , so i demand an "official" answer to the ONLY interesting question in this case for me again now :
is the new version of "metamatic" a remaster or not ?
YES or NO ?

i'm awaiting THE DEFINITE ANSWER to it now !

[ ... ]

btw : to all those people , who supported or even thanked this scott troll here , i can only say that i'm indeed deeply saddened to see this happening @ all , but as such a behaviour is not new to me & some people seem to "enjoy" such a role as "the devil's advocate" i can only tell u - & u know , who i mean with it ! - that i do NOT wish to talk or discuss ANYTHING with u again , if u aren't even able to differentiate between a person's private opinion & THE FACTS ! :-/

as i already wrote here before : either it's indeed a remaster , then this scott troll is jus' a vicious LIAR ... or it is not , then rob harris has lied to us , as he claimed that it's a remaster , as he was asked about it - plain & simple FACT !
fyi : there is NO room for other "interpretations" in this case , as painful as it may be in the end ! *sigh*

to make this clear without a doubt : i still trust the given word of rob harris & not the word of "somebody" , who only came here , because i've challenged him to prove his claims !
that much is for sure - anyway !

however ... i still want to know THE DEFINITIVE ANSWER to my original question !

#25631 10/01/07 12:50 PM
F
F
oh for goodness sakes -

SOME (excellent) FREEWARE CD-RIPPING SOFTWARE:
http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

SOME FREE AUDIO EDITING SOFTWARE:
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

download them,
rip a wav each of "Underpants" of an Edsel CD and a 2007 CD with Exact Audio Copy,
bung both wavs in Audacity,
invert the phase of one of them,
see if the wavs cancel out bit for bit.

The End. :rolleyes:

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.