Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2486 07/05/07 09:29 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Been a Foxx fan from Systems of Romance, but never actually seen him live. Despite living in Hamilton, I will not be going to the Glasgow gig, but am visiting a friend in Warrington and going to Manchester.

Loved the way the Metabloke just suddenly reappeared. I didn't even notice until Crash and Burn! Love the stuff with Louis Gordon right through.

#2487 07/05/07 10:31 AM
I seen John in '78 and did'nt even know it. All I knew was friends dragged me to some gig with a group called Ultravox. confused Two years later I was into Numan and then Foxx. By the time I noticed how important hes music was / is, and missing the 'Golden Section Tour' I had to wait til '97 to finally see him again.

#2488 07/05/07 10:39 AM
Well as I've already said I got into Foxx with Metamatic ; then after 27 years , despite me living abroad, he practically turned up on my doorstep and I got to meet and chat! Might even get to see one of the gigs in Sept but I'm keeping that quiet...

#2489 07/05/07 10:40 AM
D
OP Offline
D
Funny how many people started out with both Numan and Foxx, even though, on later reflection, they are like chalk and cheese in so many ways!

I should really have gone to see John & Louis in Glasgow last time, so I'm similarly closing a 25 year wait. Hell, I've seen Kraftwerk twice, and they don't even emerge unless there's an appropriate alignment of planets!

#2490 07/06/07 01:38 PM
Hello Donald, welcome to the forum! smile

It's a good decision going to the gig in Manchester - John and Louis will blow you away!!!

Wish you much pleasure on your "first" gig!

wink Shadowmandreas

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.