Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
#24761 09/01/07 08:35 PM
OP Offline
Hi
I know we are all keen to get our hands on the new double Metamatic release.
Just checked my credit card account and no money has been taken. So I checked my account at the Townsend site and the release date is down for the 17th September now.

Anyone been notified about the date change?? mad

Peter

Hey, Peter you're right. I just checked my pre-order and it says 17 September.

Rob - do you have any idea what's going on here?

Townsends say that they post new releases out on the Friday before release, so that we should get Metamatic tomorrow but either they have made a typo or the date has been changed without us being informed? Can't imagine that that would be the case. I am sure that we would know if the release had been delayed.

The release date on Amazon is still 3 September.

confused confused confused

Sarah laugh

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:
Rob - do you have any idea what's going on here?
I've not heard anything about the release date being moved back until the 17th. I'll try and find out for definite and let you all know.

Rob

OP Offline
Just checked all the other major retailers and they are saying the release date is the 3rd Sept.

I hope I haven't made a big mistake ordering from Townsend Records.

Peter confused

I Hope someone is going to report back to say that they've got it.I wont find out until tonight when I get home.

Brian

I've just heard from Peter and he hasn't had his in today's post. I won't know until later, but I bet my long-awaited copy of Metamatic isn't going to be there.

I think we need an explaination from Townsends if it has been released and not sent to us.

Ordered my copy as soon as they said that you could. mad

Sarah

I have just spoken with Townsends and they tell me that the release date has been put back until the 17 September. They don't know why and they don't think that it has even been pressed yet!

This is all very strange. And disappointing! mad

Somebody somewhere must have known about this delay?

Sarah

H
H
My Amazon order is still staying 4/5 September so it may well be that Townsend is simply more up to date with its information.

OP Offline
Hugely disappointed. I got myself all worked up for this release, now I've to wait another fortnight.
You'd of thought that someone would have the decency to let Townsend know and in turn let us know.

Peter mad

OP Offline
BTW Thank you Sarah for ringing up Townsend Records. At least they gave you an explanation. Hopefully we'll get a better explanation one day.

Rob.
Thank you for your post on Sunday. Hopefully you'll be able to find the answer. I guess you're as annoyed as we are. Thanks again for all the hard work and support you put into these things.

Peter

The release date from verious outlets are now listing anything from the 3rd til the 12th, and (just as a matter of info) some european / american import outlets are listing it from the 8th til the 15th.

Play.com has it as "Temporarily out of stock" although hardly reliable as they also still list 'No One Driving (demo)' as track 10 on CD2 frown

Administrator
Administrator
I just went into HMV and they haven't got my reserved copy in yet but they hadn't had today's delivery.

This kind of thing happens all the time and it's not really worth getting too upset about. The album's on its way, so what's the problem??

Does a day or or week really make THAT much difference? eek

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Do you have a story of untold woe to recount then Rob?

Brian

17th September seems to be the new release date according to my sources at Virgin (HMV still have it listed for today!)
This put the tin lid on a particuarly irritating day (Sniff! Sob!)

Even influenced an update on my MySpace mood Lol!
mad

I'm not too bothered about the delay, but only because I didn't find out about the CD being released at all until last week. Cuh... I'm out of the loop for a few months, and the bugger re-releases his defining album, with extras!, and has the cheek to arrange a bloody tour as well!!!

...which I ordered tickets for, last night. :p

D
D
On the plaza
A queue is forming for the...

Metamatic Special Double CD release!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ishikawa:
I'm not too bothered about the delay, but only because I didn't find out about the CD being released at all until last week. Cuh... I'm out of the loop for a few months, and the bugger re-releases his defining album, with extras!, and has the cheek to arrange a bloody tour as well!!!

...which I ordered tickets for, last night. :p
So you going to the Barfly then??
We need to arrange a meet up smile
(You too Donald!)

I'll be going with my usual collection of Numos and Associates fans,but adding to the "Crazie Crowd" is always fun smile

D
D
Ironically, I'm not going to the Glasgow gig but hurtling down the M74 to visit a friend and go to Manchester!

I've just had an email from Amazon confirming there is a delay in despatch.

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
Do you have a story of untold woe to recount then Rob?
Only that no-one's been able to either confirm or deny the delay. So, it's looking increasingly likely that the 17th is the 'new' release date.

Rob

Cheers for the info Rob.

I notice that the Edsel Website says its released frown
Brian

Release dates never fail to amaze me, when no-one not even the labels concerned known whats happening.
Altogether now........'Theres no business like show business.....etc'. :rolleyes:

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well ... someone could still call the pressing plant , where the cd is manufactured & ask them about its status ! ;-)

is it already "hot off the press" ... or not even in it yet ? ;-o

oh ... btw : amazon germany hasn't even listed the release by now ! :-/

OP Offline
Thanks for the info Rob and for all your efforts in trying to find out.

I've my fingers crossed and everything else for that matter, that it will be the 17th.

Peter wink

C
C
I'm not too bothered about the delay. If I've waited 20 years for these extra tracks it's easy to wait for another 20 days or so. :rolleyes:

It certainly gonna happen...

Chris C wink

Thinking back there is a history of things being late,last one was Cathedral Oceans DVD

Anyway roll on whenever,I'll just forget about it for a bit then arrive home to a surprise thru my letterbox. laugh

You lot are still going to get the album well before those of us on the wrong side of the Atlantic. If it's out on the 17th, I may have it before October.

F
F
Amazon just emailed me with:

we are unable to ship the following item(s) as soon as we expected and we need to provide you with a new estimate of when the item(s) may be delivered:

John Foxx (Artist) "Metamatic: Special Edition" [Audio CD]
Estimated arrival date: 05/10/07 - 20/10/07

That's AFTER the Metamatic gigs!
Get your act together, John boy! :rolleyes:

Maybe we can have a repeat of "Pleasures of Electricity" album.
Copies of wich were 'rushed' to the gig for us to buy on the night direct from the pressing plant laugh

OP Offline
Good idea Will.
I remember the crush at the Mean Fiddler to get my grubby hands on POE. If my memory serves me correctly it was on sale there about 4 months before the general release.

Peter smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i also hope to either buy my copy of it from amazon germany before the gigs or directly @ the brum gig ! :-)

everything else is optional for me ! ;-)

Quote:
Originally posted by metal beat:
I remember the crush at the Mean Fiddler to get my grubby hands on POE. If my memory serves me correctly it was on sale there about 4 months before the general release.

Peter smile
Yes, that's right Peter. I remember the lot of people who waited for the CD. It was John's first new CD after some years.I was so glad to hold it in my hands... Aaaah , the nice memories coming back..
wink

N
N
Another Amazon e-mail received today..........

We are sorry to report that the following items have been delayed:

Estimated arrival date: 10/10/07 - 26/10/07

I queried this with Townsend yesterday.
Again, they stated 17th September release.
At least it gave me the chance to change the delivery address to my work. That way, I get to listen to it when it gets here, rather than the evening of the day it arrives.. (or worse, the day after, at work..)

It's not that I'm eager or anything...

Quote:
Originally posted by nap-ster:
Another Amazon e-mail received today..........

We are sorry to report that the following items have been delayed:

Estimated arrival date: 10/10/07 - 26/10/07
starting to look like mine but come with Christmas wrapping.....

D
D
Townsend Records' website now shows a release date of November 5th.

A

Well, Dadge, you ain't wrong.

Townsends have definitely got the date as bonfire night!

What has happened with this release? As it stands now, it's due out 2 months after its original release date, and this is after all of John's Sept/Oct Metamatic gigs..
confused

Oh, well, just have to wait and see frown

Sarah laugh

OP Offline
All I'll say is after working myself up for this over the last couple of months I'm "gutted" that I've to wait now even longer RANT OVER

Peter

D
D
The release date is beginning to look Touch and Go.

Administrator
Administrator
Be honest, this can't be entirely unexpected.
When was the last time a John Foxx album was released on time?

Electrofear, COIII, From Trash, Sideways (at least) have all rather 'drifted out' without any concrete 'plan'.
It's frustrating and hard for us to understand confused but it shouldn't be unexpected.

Maybe September 3rd was the date the adverts started appearing in the music press to whet the general appetite?

A cynical person might suggest that its all part of a cunning plan to increase our anticipation…

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Quote:
The release date is beginning to look Touch and Go.
Indeed. At this rate, I'll be A New Kind Of Man before it's finally released. Oh well, I suppose a Tidal Wave of anticipation was to be expected.

G
Gem Offline
G
Yes, it seems we're still Miles Away from the release date wink .

Yep... could be A Long Time.

.....but release dates are right 'Once In A While'.

OP Offline
This Young Man is patiently waiting at the Underpass by the Plaza with a Blurred Girl.

Peter :rolleyes:

Quote:
This Young Man is patiently waiting at the Underpass by the Plaza with a Blurred Girl.

Whilst sitting in a Burning Car.. laugh

Us lot should be used to playing the waiting game by now with Foxx releases!

This sort of thing is out of John's control, unless he wanted to make some last minute music or artwork alterations.

Personally I'm only interested in the small number of rare tracks I haven't heard, so I can wait until whenever - let's face it, we were spoilt last year with new releases.

Just have a bit of patience... better late than never wink

Quote:
Quote:
[b] This Young Man is patiently waiting at the Underpass by the Plaza with a Blurred Girl.

Whilst sitting in a Burning Car.. laugh [/b]
...which is miles away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
while "metal beat" ( a.k.a. peter ) is now "dancing like a gun" in anticipation , others like myself still have the patience & are rather "running across thin ice with tigers" or singing "pater noster" in "the garden" , while we are waiting "endlessly" for "the hidden man" to finally appear "like a miracle" in "twilight's last gleaming" somewhere - jus' "sitting at the edge of the world" in his finest "night suit" , but then appearing to be "mr. no" again & "walk away" into "this jungle" called "europe after the rain" to "lose all sense of time" as "he's a liquid" now ...

... to be continued , maybe !? ;-)

p. s. : only song titles that haven't already been taken by someone here before & are from the era between 1980 & 1985 are allowed , fellows ! ;-)

The Archive
The Archive
Just been advised that the release date has definitely been set at Monday the 17th of September. wink

Rob

Great news... thanks Rob. cool

M
M
Great news, Rob! Only a few days to go & it's bom tch-tch, bom tch-tch, bom tch-tch, bom tch-tch, bom tch-tch, bom tch-tch, bom tch-tch, bom tch-tch. ( opening beat to Plaza).

When first release dates dont quite happen, you usually find that the second date has more certainty to it. So roll on monday.....

Cheers, Rob!

It's my wedding anniversary on Sunday, so that's a nice present isn't it? wink

Look forward to Monday!

Completely unrelated, but I've just been offered and accepted a new job! YAY!

Let's all go out and celebrate!

Sarah laugh

Administrator
Administrator
CONGRATULATIONS SARAH!!

What are you going to be doing?
Have a good celebration - and enjoy the album when it arrives.

All the best
Mx

PS - I'm trying to shortlist 34 candidates for a job at my place this week...

M
M
Congratulations from me too, Sarah. I've been married 21 years & it's great! smile smile smile

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
It's my wedding anniversary on Sunday, so that's a nice present isn't it? wink
Congratulations 1... laugh

Quote:
Completely unrelated, but I've just been offered and accepted a new job! YAY! Let's all go out and celebrate! laugh
Congratulations 2... laugh

Rob

Congratulations Sarah laugh

OP Offline
Congratulations Sarah on your new job and your wedding anniversary. smile

It's also great news that Metamatic is going to be (hopefully) in my letterbox on Monday morning. laugh Thank you for the info Rob

Peter cool

Thanks, everyone!

I think that at some point this weekend, we shall be tucking in to a nice meal (Peter - the same place where we went that day, when you came to vist!).

There will also be a ceremony for awarding Phil a medal for 'putting up' with me for the four years that we have been together (married for 2) wink wink

Then..Monday - that's obvious - nothing but Metamatic all day (hopefully)

And Tuesday off to see David Sylvian at the Brum Symphony Hall!

Super!

Sarah laugh

The job is an internal move, so will be starting that within the next month laugh

OP Offline
Sarah
What a great choice of venue to celebrate your anniversary.

Peter smile

Congrats from me too Sarah laugh

Thank you! laugh

Sarah laugh

M
M
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:And Tuesday off to see David Sylvian at the Brum Symphony Hall!QUOTE]

My God! Is it on Tuesday? I thought it was later in the month. I have ticket & shall be going. Metamatic monday & David Sylvian the day after - It's going to be a good week.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Ilektrik:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:And Tuesday off to see David Sylvian at the Brum Symphony Hall!QUOTE]

My God! Is it on Tuesday? I thought it was later in the month. I have ticket & shall be going. Metamatic monday & David Sylvian the day after - It's going to be a good week.
Well, I may see you there then. We are on Row 7!

Sarah laugh

Hi Sarah,

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and your new job! What a way to celebrate! laugh

Garry

M
M
Quote:
Quote:
[b] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:And Tuesday off to see David Sylvian at the Brum Symphony Hall!QUOTE]

Sarah laugh [/b]
Row 7! I'm miles away from there ... but at least I'll be walking in like someone else again.

Seriously for a moment. It would be nice to meet you & whoever you are with, prior to the show. I'll message you soon if that's okay with you?

Congratulations to you both Sarah, for sunday.

Hope 'Metamatic' turns up the next day. smile

Congratulations from me too Sarah! smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well ... i'll send out my special greetinx to sarah in my next radio show on sunday then ! ;-)

cheers ! :-)

N
N
I'm off to see Mr Sylvian on Saturday in Glasgow. Should be a good night, Steve Jansen is drumming for him.

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:And Tuesday off to see David Sylvian at the Brum Symphony Hall!QUOTE]

Sarah laugh [/b]
Row 7! I'm miles away from there ... but at least I'll be walking in like someone else again.

Seriously for a moment. It would be nice to meet you & whoever you are with, prior to the show. I'll message you soon if that's okay with you? [/b]
Hi!

Yes, please do. There's just Phil and I going, but please drop me a line and we'll try and meet up. Hopefully we won't get lost on the way, and we'll be there in plenty of time!

Be lovely to see you!

Sarah laugh

Oh, and (sorry for taking up so much space, folks) thanks again for all your wishes.

And Nap-ster - have a great time in Glasgow. Yes, Steve is drumming. It will be a great gig.

Sarah

laugh

G
Gem Offline
G
I love Japan and Sylvian - have fun, everyone smile .

L
L
Getting back to Metamatic.... Play.com tell me my copy has been posted!Hurrah!

Damn you Logan! Now I'm going to be leaving for work tomorrow thinking that the postie is 5 minutes behind me, and I'll have to wait 'til I get home to hear it.

laugh

Looks like my Metamatic from Townsends has shipped. The order is now showing complete!

YIPPEEEEEEE!

A very happy Sarah

laugh

I'm going to camp overnight outside Sister Ray...

Yup, I'm keeping it 'Old School'! wink

Quote:
Looks like my Metamatic from Townsends has shipped. The order is now showing complete!
Yep, same here... looks like I may be a few minutes late for work tomorrow. wink

OP Offline
Mine's complete as well.

I'll be up early tomorrow. YIPPEE smile

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
I'm going to camp overnight outside Sister Ray...

Good for you Garry! I'll bring a nice flask of tea…

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
[b] I'm going to camp overnight outside Sister Ray...

Good for you Garry! I'll bring a nice flask of tea… [/b]
Heh! Cheers Martin! laugh

F
F
Amazon emailed me today to say that their supplier had put back its release date AGAIN to late October!
TSK

Is it too much to ask that Townsend posted it today & it arrives tomorrow

Quote:
Is it too much to ask that Townsend posted it today & it arrives tomorrow
I'm hoping that that's the case!

It certainly seems like they have sent it out today, so if it doesn't arrive tomorrow, then it should arrive Monday.

Hoping for tomorrow though - got all weekend to play it, and play it, and play it....

Sarah laugh

If I have to wait until Monday then I wont get my hands on it until the evening,fingers crossed for tomorrow morning. laugh

Time for bed now.

Lets dream Metamatic dreams

Until the morn,it better be here wink

It's here cool cool cool cool

Got mine 20 minutes ago, ripped to MP3, burned to my (updated as of now) complete Foxx CD, ready for listening in the car, which will happen in about 5 minutes time. Gotta run, see ya! laugh

Damn my postie - he's always late!

I'm still waiting! frown

Sniff, sniff...

Sarah laugh

Quote:
Damn my postie - he's always late!

I'm still waiting! frown

Sniff, sniff...

Sarah laugh
Chin up Sarah,it'll be here soon I'm sure,dont fret. smile

My postman never gets here til about 11.00 anyway, so ive got an hour or so left otherwise its monday!! eek

Oh well frown

YEEEESSSSSSSSS! laugh laugh laugh

It's here! It's wonderful!

Great booklet, and much improved sound quality from the remaster.

What an album. Genius.

Sarah laugh

frown

I will be going to the record store on Monday in the hopes that it will be there. Although they have quite an extensive collection, it is usually a bit thin in the John Foxx section.

If it is not there on Monday I will probably have to wait months frown

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
frown

I will be going to the record store on Monday in the hopes that it will be there. Although they have quite an extensive collection, it is usually a bit thin in the John Foxx section.

I really hope that you can get a copy, Maryann.

No-one should miss out. frown

Sarah laugh

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Oh well frown
Ditto,Newvox. frown
I've been playing I, ASSASSIN today instead. So there, Mr. Postman :p :p

Quote:
[/qb]
I really hope that you can get a copy [/QB][/QUOTE]

You would think being in New York I could get anything confused

Quote:
Quote:
[b] Oh well frown
Ditto,Newvox. frown
I've been playing I, ASSASSIN today instead. So there, Mr. Postman :p :p [/b]
Yeah, something tells me we've ordered from the wrong places.
If It gets to tuesday and im playing 'Machine and Soul' then i'll know its serious. wink

CDs arrived this morning while I was out so didn't get to play them until this evening.

of the 5 previously unreleased tracks, the original version of "Like A Miracle" is absolutely fantastic - even better than I'd ever imagined it would be - same goes for the original version of "A New Kind Of Man".

The alternative version of "He's A Liquid" now sounds great too - although isn't this a sorted out version of the one that came out on a previous release - with the speed corrected.

I'm still not sure about "Cinemascope" and "To Be With You" yet - it'll take a few plays, but on first listening, they fit in well with the other tracks on "Metamatic" laugh

So anyone who's undecided - the double cd version has my recommendation - so buy one!

"Metadelic" and "Metatronic" anyone? cool :p

Quote:
frown

A record store? - what's one of those?, there's absolutely nothing at all where I live - all we have is Woolworth's - and frankly that's a "bag o' sh*te" (as Paul Calf would say) mad

Good luck with getting the CD - it's brilliant!

Quote:
Originally posted by Herr X:
[/qb]
A record store? - what's one of those?, there's absolutely nothing at all where I live - all we have is Woolworth's [/QB]/QUOTE]

Woolworths eek
I haven't seen a Woolworths in years here. I guess I now know where they all went.
My sympathies to you.

Quote:
I haven't seen a Woolworths in years here. I guess I now know where they all went.
erm.....'CD marker pens' :rolleyes:

oops shocked

M
M
Quote:
[QUOTE]If It gets to tuesday and im playing 'Machine and Soul' then i'll know its serious. wink
Deadly serious!! I have ordered mine from Townsend. If I see the postman tomorrow & he starts singing "Seems like you were lit inside." I know what he's been listening to all weekend. And there's gonna be trouble mad

N
N
Just a quick note. Mr Sylvian was top drawer. Won't spoil it for you!

Oh, bring £20 along for the program (comes with a SamadhiSound sampler disc)

Yeah - great gig, and his bro' was fantastic. Did you hear that guy, just before the 2nd(?) encore, shouting "Ye might as well jist sit there mate!"? laugh

I'm struggling to resist describing the program as a very well produced and presented pile of pretentious tosh, so I'll continue to resist. Er... wink

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] Oh well frown
Ditto,Newvox. frown
I've been playing I, ASSASSIN today instead. So there, Mr. Postman :p :p [/b]
Yeah, something tells me we've ordered from the wrong places.
If It gets to tuesday and im playing 'Machine and Soul' then i'll know its serious. wink [/b]
Countdown to opening time at the record store.
Will they have Metamatic in stock or not confused
....stay tuned, folks.

Quote:
Countdown to opening time at the record store.
Will they have Metamatic in stock or not confused
....stay tuned, folks.
If they have it, please buy every copy in stock. They can then be distributed to the most needy......... the forum smile

Administrator
Administrator
Now I am impressed beyond all reasonable doubt!

Didn't make it Sister Ray with Garry (which was only ever going to be a metaphoriccal arrangement anyway...)

but HMV in Southampton have come up with the goods. It seems distribution is indeed UK wide today - even to 'music stores'!

And only a tenner too. Hurrah! laugh cool

Quote:

Hurrah!, I thought that was in New York smile

Well if Southampton has them, chances are people sitting at the edge of the south coast can get them too. Fingers crossed and to hel' with online shopping........

Quote:
Let's not even discuss prices :rolleyes:
I am not even going to speculate how much it will cost me.
I remember how much In Mysterious Ways cost me as an import mad

N
N
That's why every time I visit the US i buy a heap of CD's w00p!

D
D
Anyone else still waiting from Amazon? Looks like I'm going to be the last to hear it!

Ive now got two from HMV, one for myself and one for Maryann, and the late arrival from Townsend Records will go to my brother when it turns up. It was my own fault with Townsends delay though as i never pre-ordered, i only ordered after the rush.

K: *KISS*

H
H
For anyone in the UK, it seems the new Metamatic is much easier to get hold of in the High Street than previous JF releases. Here in Leeds, both HMV and Virgin have it in stock for £10.

At this moment HMV and Virgin seem to have it nationwide'ish, its only small outlets that did not have it when i asked. With them it was the familiar 'we can order it'. Im thinking of buying Johns future releases from a shop, if their distributed in the way it looks this time, rather than online.

Of course my HMV here does not have it yet.
mad distribution time mad

Irrelevant now though........ smile

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Im thinking of buying Johns future releases from a shop, if their distributed in the way it looks this time, rather than online.
Yay! That's my position every time.
I hate feeling smug, but just occasionally, good old-fashioned shopping wins hands down. I got a little bag and everything cool

Somehow it feels far more appropriate to purchase a Foxx album this way. Kind of 'retro-purchasing'...

T
T
This is a bit of a boring question and a bit lazy too but what label is it on? Fullfill? Or is it strictly Metamatic? smile

And shouldn't Miles Away be on it? I know, I know, we've covered that, just my own opinion, looking at the Guinness Book of hit singles you would think all four 1980 singles should belong to the same album. Not that it matters ... wink

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Somehow it feels far more appropriate to purchase a Foxx album this way. Kind of 'retro-purchasing'...
Very good... laugh

Rob

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not a "concern" about the brand new remastered deluxe edition of "metamatic" , jus' another question out of pure curiosity : when & on which record was "young love" 1st released ?

was it actually made officially available anywhere else BEFORE the 1993 reissue of "metamatic" by virgin came out ?
( http://www.discogs.com/release/87942 )

Quote:
Quote:
[b] Im thinking of buying Johns future releases from a shop, if their distributed in the way it looks this time, rather than online.
Yay! That's my position every time.
I hate feeling smug, but just occasionally, good old-fashioned shopping wins hands down. I got a little bag and everything cool
[/b]
Yes, when i wrote it i remembered that 'Nation 12' fiasco at E.V. and HMV at southampton coming to the rescue. Happy days indeed. wink

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by SF Metamatrix:
not a "concern" about the brand new remastered deluxe edition of "metamatic" , jus' another question out of pure curiosity : when & on which record was "young love" 1st released ?

was it actually made officially available anywhere else BEFORE the 1993 reissue of "metamatic" by virgin came out ?
( http://www.discogs.com/release/87942 )
No, the first time Young Love was officially made available was on the 1993 CD release of Metamatic . wink

Rob

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thanx for clarifying this too now , rob ! :-)

Yes, it was definitely released for the first time on that cd as it was one of the main selling points :rolleyes:

The first time i heard 'Young Love' was from that cd and i remember wondering why it had never been released before. The same as i am now with the lastest new tracks.

My copy arrived today and I listened to it twice.

So what can I say? I think all was said here very well.

I like the new extra tracks. It's great to have all tracks on one (double)CD now. Great recording and great artwork!!!

Thank's to all the people who spend their time and energy for THIS!!! CD!

WELL DONE ROB!!! wink
Hope to meet you at ICA... laugh

Andreas

Pleased to hear that you got your copy early this time Andreas. I remember last year verious fans had to wait far too long for some releases. Im sure theres still people waiting but 'Metamatic' does appear to be more widely avalible than previous albums.

T
T
Looked in HMV the other night (my copy is on the way from Amazon) - seems it is Edsel again, maybe that explains the distribution? But, then again, maybe not.

Quote:
Pleased to hear that you got your copy early this time Andreas. I remember last year verious fans had to wait far too long for some releases. Im sure theres still people waiting but 'Metamatic' does appear to be more widely avalible than previous albums.
Got my copy from Townsend records. The worst experience I made for the Dislocated Vinyl in the past. It took lots of days for traveling and as it arrived it looked like as my oldest Vinyls. Dilletantic Package! But the most time I had luck.
I tested the service from Amazon in the past and they used a long time for sending the stuff. I think the smaller shops have a better service.

Ordered mine through Townsend a while back, and it arrived yesterday. I wonder how many other copies are in North America by now.

The new material is... interesting. I'll have to listen to it a bit more.

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Roby:
I wonder how many other copies are in North America by now.
None in the stores in New York so far. :rolleyes: Both my record shop and Virgin are now saying September 25. This date has changed from what they said on Monday. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Quote:
[b]I wonder how many other copies are in North America by now.
None in the stores in New York so far. :rolleyes: Both my record shop and Virgin are now saying September 25. This date has changed from what they said on Monday. :rolleyes: [/b]
The new release date is now OCTOBER 8.

Quote:
The new release date is now OCTOBER 8.
Maybe forum members could make some money on the side, by sending cds to these 'US import specialists'.

Shhh, don't give everyone ideas laugh

One of my friends tried several music stores here for Metamatic a couple of days ago and their all sold out,doesn't look like they carried many copies to start with but a few were willing to order it and take about a week,

Went to the record shop today and out of curiousity I checked for Metamatic. They still do not have it. And Virgin online is saying 4-6 weeks for delivery. :rolleyes:

I special-ordered Cathedral Oceans and Shifting City through a local record store when they were new, waited weeks, and paid a lot. Since then I've ordered everything Foxx-related online. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if I have the only copy in Ottawa of several of his CDs.

Quote:
It wouldn't surprise me in the least if I have the only copy in Ottawa of several of his CDs.
laugh

And I am probably the only person in New York that has his cds and vinyls.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.