Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
#24761 09/01/07 08:35 PM
OP Offline
Hi
I know we are all keen to get our hands on the new double Metamatic release.
Just checked my credit card account and no money has been taken. So I checked my account at the Townsend site and the release date is down for the 17th September now.

Anyone been notified about the date change?? mad

Peter

Hey, Peter you're right. I just checked my pre-order and it says 17 September.

Rob - do you have any idea what's going on here?

Townsends say that they post new releases out on the Friday before release, so that we should get Metamatic tomorrow but either they have made a typo or the date has been changed without us being informed? Can't imagine that that would be the case. I am sure that we would know if the release had been delayed.

The release date on Amazon is still 3 September.

confused confused confused

Sarah laugh

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah Bradshaw:
Rob - do you have any idea what's going on here?
I've not heard anything about the release date being moved back until the 17th. I'll try and find out for definite and let you all know.

Rob

OP Offline
Just checked all the other major retailers and they are saying the release date is the 3rd Sept.

I hope I haven't made a big mistake ordering from Townsend Records.

Peter confused

I Hope someone is going to report back to say that they've got it.I wont find out until tonight when I get home.

Brian

I've just heard from Peter and he hasn't had his in today's post. I won't know until later, but I bet my long-awaited copy of Metamatic isn't going to be there.

I think we need an explaination from Townsends if it has been released and not sent to us.

Ordered my copy as soon as they said that you could. mad

Sarah

I have just spoken with Townsends and they tell me that the release date has been put back until the 17 September. They don't know why and they don't think that it has even been pressed yet!

This is all very strange. And disappointing! mad

Somebody somewhere must have known about this delay?

Sarah

H
H
My Amazon order is still staying 4/5 September so it may well be that Townsend is simply more up to date with its information.

OP Offline
Hugely disappointed. I got myself all worked up for this release, now I've to wait another fortnight.
You'd of thought that someone would have the decency to let Townsend know and in turn let us know.

Peter mad

OP Offline
BTW Thank you Sarah for ringing up Townsend Records. At least they gave you an explanation. Hopefully we'll get a better explanation one day.

Rob.
Thank you for your post on Sunday. Hopefully you'll be able to find the answer. I guess you're as annoyed as we are. Thanks again for all the hard work and support you put into these things.

Peter

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.