Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
Out of curiousity, when going through all the tapes regarding material for inclusion on the second disc of [b]The Garden did you come across (in good or poor audio quality)any extra recordings of birdsong, any experiments with The Human Host or any early Cathedral Oceans type of music?[/b]
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris C:
Around the time of The Garden , as we've discussed, before John provided a tape of music for the soundtrack to Michelangelo Antonioni's film Identification of a Woman (Identificazione di una Donna). It seemed that an early version of Europe After The Rain only appeared on the film's soundtrack as a linking piece. Again, did you come across (in good or poor audio quality) this recording or any of the others on that tape?

Did you find John's copy of this?

There's surely more to The Garden era than meets the eye.
For what I hope are very obvious reasons I'm not going to start detailing the contents of Johns tape archive.

Rob

I would say that these new CDs will be the 'definitive' versions - and all the extra tracks used are the ones worth using, having been selected from an archive of all kinds, which I can only imagine contains more rough or unfinished songs than complete ones.

Other material will remain in the archive for obvious reasons, in that there's no need to release it, especially stuff that isn't finished or up to standard.

Let's not demand an mile when given an inch. I'm sure that we will be very impressed with every additional track, which will nicely "complete" each album.

I agree with Rob that it is best not to go into detail about the past archive tapes.

The basic outlines for that Ken told me about last week, and it was reflected in his post on the forthcoming reissues thread:

http://www.metamatic.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000017;p=3

It is a mixture of the things he hinted towards and deliberately did not bring up in the post.

I for one am happy with whatever is released; I don't have the luxury to complain. frown

Just catching up on all the exciting news here .. I was confused at first as Radio B's first post was from 22 August ..2007!! . .a whole year waiting then..
Thanks in advance for all the hard work involved - looking forward to it all.

Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
I agree with Rob that it is best not to go into detail about the past archive tapes.

The basic outlines for that Ken told me about last week, and it was reflected in his post on the forthcoming reissues thread:

It is a mixture of the things he hinted towards and deliberately did not bring up in the post.
confused

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by E. G. Ekin:
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
[b] I agree with Rob that it is best not to go into detail about the past archive tapes.

confused [/b]
No, I don't understand either. confused

Perhaps someone (Ken or Maryann?) would like to tell me?

Rob

Administrator
Administrator
Absolutely. What exactly was hinted at?
I saw this reference and wondered the same thing

Obviously and understandably some information etc shouldn't be broadcast here, but when it can't even be shared with Rob?? eek

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C
I don't know either... eek

C
C
Look out, look out, the 'I know more than you-eys' are about!
Cheers

"Fog" is a fascinating title... I'm looking forward to hearing this one. I wonder if it is instrumental?

Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.