Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#24528 08/22/07 12:16 PM
F
feline1 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
(to be said in the voice of Vivian Stanshall...)

Yes but I've always been very fond of the bass guitar parts on METAMATIC.

I'm guessing at the forthcoming Metamatic concerts,
the line-up will be the usual John & Louis one,
and no-one will be along to play bass...?

#24529 08/26/07 12:30 PM
Good point (LOL) - I think that Jake Durant was brought in as bass parts were very "manual" pre midi or reliable sequencers becoming availiable.Witness Chris Cross on the Systems of Romance material live.
I have shamelessly offered my services to John many times for guitar/bass should the material require it...............!!! shocked

#24530 08/26/07 12:41 PM
I don't think there will be any real bass.... nor will John be sporting his big blonde quiff!

#24531 08/28/07 10:08 AM
F
feline1 Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Quote:
Originally posted by XPreyNic:
Good point (LOL) - I think that Jake Durant was brought in as bass parts were very "manual" pre midi or reliable sequencers becoming availiable.Witness Chris Cross on the Systems of Romance material live.
Auch come on, nobody with fingers would need a sequencer to play stuff like the bassline to "Underpass".

I remember being slightly surprised though when I read John Barker explain that the WHOLE album was played manually - particularly the jiggerty octave bits throughout 'No-one Driving'!

#24532 08/28/07 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:

I remember being slightly surprised though when I read John Barker explain that the WHOLE album was played manually - particularly the jiggerty octave bits throughout 'No-one Driving'!
I'm no expert but I like it when it turns out that things which seemed so hi-tech back then were really quite lo-tech and 'manual'. I read something similar in an interview with W Cann about recording Vienna .. a lot of it seemed to have been done on a biscuit tin. wink

#24533 08/30/07 09:51 AM
D
D
Willing, able and ready to report for duty.

I wish...

:p smile

Davy.

#24534 06/18/08 05:16 PM
The repeating tenor synth on No One Driving was done by hocketing with the Roland Space echo doing a close single delay. It required much rehearsal and a steady nerve, coupled with drop-ins.

Hope that clears up that one.

#24535 06/19/08 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
I read something similar in an interview with W Cann about recording Vienna .. a lot of it seemed to have been done on a biscuit tin. wink
Yeah, but which brand?

#24536 06/19/08 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Atom Man:
Yeah, but which brand?
Arnotts? lol ... wink

Quote:
Originally posted by John Wesley-Barker:
The repeating tenor synth on [b]No One Driving was done by hocketing with the Roland Space echo doing a close single delay. It required much rehearsal and a steady nerve, coupled with drop-ins.
[/b]
Thanks for that info, John. smile

#24537 07/25/08 02:08 AM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by John Wesley-Barker:
The repeating tenor synth on [b]No One Driving was done by hocketing with the Roland Space echo doing a close single delay. It required much rehearsal and a steady nerve, coupled with drop-ins.

Hope that clears up that one. [/b]
A GIANT thanks for this information John. Usually technical informations about Metamatic, and pop-synth in general, are limited to devices only. This description looks like there is also a virtuosity aspect also involved in Metamatic?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.