Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
#23590 05/22/07 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
[b] Ha ha! That would be great, just like me Acquarius with Acquarius rising ...

What makes you say that?
Because I'm an aquarius and I really relate to John's work and thinking - in the same way I do to Peter Gabriel's - who's also an aquarian! [/b]
Funny that, Alex (I missed this thread - that's why I'm way behind with posting!), I'm an Aquarian too! It's the creative sign you know!

I reckon John's about 55, but hey, he still looks fantastic IMHO! shocked

Sarah B laugh

#23591 05/22/07 09:42 PM
H
H
Seems that i have been a naughty boy! i will explain Metamatrix give me a telling of about my so called spamming on this site.Electronically Yours,but as i explained to him this is a music site not a political debate. As you can see he got right up my nose so pal this is for you www.audigist.com .

#23592 05/26/07 04:07 PM
S
S
i think he was definately 30 in 1980/81 - i remember an article in smash hits at the time which stated his age, and i think his date of birth also , which i have forgotten - but i have a feeling it was march?

#23593 05/26/07 04:20 PM
C
C
Hi Sparkle!

If you can find this article itīll be great.

I have a feeling his birthdate has been published before. I think Iīve seen it before alongside Billyīs, Warrenīs etc. I canīt recall if it was an old edition of Martin Strongīs Great Rock Discography or an old article on the Record Collector.

My only recollection was that Billy was the oldest member of Ultravox. Is this correct? Although Adam claims in a recent interview with Billy that John is older. Itīs all too mysterious!

Chris C smile

#23594 05/28/07 08:44 AM
S
S
i will scour ebay for a copy , i know i have it somewhere but its probably in the depths of my mothers attic , so ebay is a much safer bet! i think the copy of smash hits in question had a poster of him on the back....

#23595 06/11/07 02:17 PM
C
C
There's something fishy going on here, and there isn't a Piscean in sight.
I'm an Aquarian too.
I think the website should be renamed....Metaqautic

I'll get me coat

btw I think John (and us) can be any age he feels like, anyone read Deepak Chopra? -
i think hiding or disregarding the number is a good way of saying it's just not so important, there are still many people alive today who don't know their age, (my Cambodian grandparents-in-law for example) - I would hazard a guess that they feel un-hampered by the social inferences of age.
Does that make sense?
ok, the coats on, where's the door? smile

#23596 06/11/07 02:28 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Catafonix:
I'm an Aquarian too.
that doesn't surprise me one bit.
Good consideration about age ...fairly typical Acquarian approach I would say too.

#23597 06/13/07 02:00 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh. My. God. I've just found a site where the Man's birthdate is clearly stated - also states 'Chorley UK' so there is obviously a reliable source, and I think there has only been the one John Foxx born in Chorley (albeit not by that name!).
the day and the year would seem coherent with what we have been discussing above.....
Should I let the cat out...?

#23598 06/13/07 02:37 PM
H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Oh. My. God. I've just found a site where the Man's birthdate is clearly stated - also states 'Chorley UK' so there is obviously a reliable source, and I think there has only been the one John Foxx born in Chorley (albeit not by that name!).
the day and the year would seem coherent with what we have been discussing above.....
[b]Should I let the cat out...?
[/b]
What, this one?
http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/individual/269245

#23599 06/13/07 02:50 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Nope, mine gives a different year, but also gives the day.

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.