Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#22778 02/01/07 11:32 AM
mongrel Offline OP
OP Offline
Presumably you've already done the TCM 'is it/isn't it?' thread before my time...?

mongrel

#22779 02/01/07 01:45 PM
No, we did the 'would it/should it' and 'he did/did he' threads instead as we were just killing time until you got here...

eek

EG
x

#22780 02/01/07 02:49 PM
What's not been mentioned for a while is the films that TCM soundtracks, and John premiered late last year in Brighton.

Rob - I'm sure you'd tell us if you knew, but is there any news on the possible release of these films? I think last time it was mentioned, the respective owners of the films were being sought re; copyright.

#22781 02/01/07 03:08 PM
mongrel Offline OP
OP Offline
Ah. OK.

Was there a conclusion i.e. would it? and did he?

I'm interested - sorry if I'm covering very old ground. I was intrigued by the Simon Sellar's afterword to his interview in Ballardian.

mongrel

#22782 02/01/07 11:46 PM
Hi Mongrel,

I think it was generally agreed that the answers were 'maybe...' and 'Dear boy, I couldn't possibly say...'.

smile

Garry,

I could be wrong (so please correct me if I have interpreted this incorrectly Rob), but re-reading the thread on Torque Point , it wasn't a case of whether people were, or were going to be, approached to give permision for use, more the case that films used on any DVD release would not be the ones premiered at Brighton because of the issues and complexities surrounding copyrighted images. I'm sure as soon as Rob or Uncle Stevie know any more about a DVD release, then it will come to us through the respective channels.

EG
x

#22783 02/02/07 12:00 AM
Administrator
Administrator
That was the general impression I got too.

In all honesty, I think talk of a DVD release for this material is a bit presumptuous.

My recollection of the same is that Mr Foxx never suggested it, but instead responded to a question on the subject by saying that it "would be great" before going on to explain the copyright issues.

The 'preview' in Brighton was the first time he and Mike Barker have tested the films on a large screen in front of an audience. I think he wanted to see if it would work as much as anythng else.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#22784 02/02/07 10:01 AM
EG, Martin,

Many thanks for clearing that up – My confusion was that I knew he’d premiered films in Brighton, I just didn’t know that he was planning to use other films for the possible future DVD release due to copyright difficulties.

I don’t think a DVD release of TCM is presumptuous at all. We know he’s been making films since the early 70s and he’s already worked with the DVD medium.

I just think it might be a very long time before we see it!

#22785 02/02/07 10:26 AM
mongrel Offline OP
OP Offline
My curiosity is centered around who made the films - are the film-makers listed fictitious?

mongrel

#22786 02/02/07 08:12 PM
M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by mongrel:
My curiosity is centered around who made the films - are the film-makers listed fictitious?

mongrel
It has been suggested.

#22787 02/02/07 09:00 PM
F
F
the end result matters methinks cool

greetings,
fons

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.