Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2252 03/05/07 01:07 PM
Dave R Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi there,

Dave here from London! laugh

I was originally introduced to John's music with the 'Metamatic' album and was instantly hooked!
I then worked through "The Garden" and all the other albums and found them all to be amazing!

I work in film/television post production and my boss Steve heard me playing Metamatic and told me a story of when he worked for Central television at around the time of the release of "Metamatic". John was in the studios one day and Steve recalls everyone was running about like crazy opening doors and fetching refreshments for "Mr. Foxx" - brilliant! eek

I'm also an amateur musician, I have an audio PC, mixer & three instruments, a Roland V-Synth which can make almost any kind of sound you can imagine, A Yamaha PSR-630 which is old, but good for "real world" sounds like piano or strings, and finally, a classic Roland Compurhythm CR-78 laugh

I only recently got the CR-78 and I'm on a mission to work out the correct button combinations to make the ryhthms for "Metamatic" smile

Fellow CR-78 owners will probably know that you can press two ryhthm buttons together (example Disco 1 & Rhumba) and it kinda morphs the two together. There's also an A/B switch which allows variations of individual rhythms.

I'd love to hear from anyone who's already been through this and can share some hints, or who simply loves to play John's music.

Best Regards,

Dave R.

#2253 03/05/07 06:30 PM
Greetings from New York !

#2254 03/06/07 12:55 PM
Greetings, Dave. laugh

#2255 03/06/07 02:13 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Hi, and welcome to THE Forum for all things Foxx cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#2256 03/06/07 02:28 PM
Very welcome,Dave! smile

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.